1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I hope this fits on one line because it doesn't in quicktopic and I need it to fit on one line.

Gemma, Newcomb ) ---- Stanari - Jan )) ---- MP7, Beruru -- fonti ) ---- Citrus, Eidolonic )) [KaiDASH] -- Miner, smiles ) - Nego, Vaimes, tsaiah ) - fenwicked
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh, whatever.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I didn't look that close at your case against fen, gemma.

Like it read basically like what I was saying now about his change of heart in regards to eido, but you also took a different angle or wording that didn't do anything for me.

Those were your words :

And . I don't get the first sentence at all. Like I know what you are trying to say but it just makes my head hurt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You are missing a Regfan, right?

3. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Tbf I don't think this is the right question either.

I'm not familiar with whom Regfan has played before and my own knowledge of the people playing this game is limited. Thus it's impossible for me to answer this meta-heavy question.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Jan, when I scumhunt, I look for ways for my scumreads to me wrong. I don't look for ways for them to be right. I can't find any way to write off his readflip on Eido as a personality thing without just completely suspending disbelief and I don't really think going that far is a good way to do reads. If he's town, then my understanding of his personality is wrong. Which is why I asked Vaimes for help.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

My people need me.

Poke or quote me if you have questions or want to do things.
    Will likely only phonepost for a little while.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I get asking Vaimes since he has more infos about the meta needed.

I get it now.
    Woops. I somehow had "that thought" as fenwickeds thoughts about von because those as what you had mentioned before.
    But you were talking about how his 2nd thoughts on eido don't mash with the first ones.
    Which is basically the same thing I was saying when looking through it again.

I had trouble understanding what fenwickeds read on von would have to do with his thoughts on eido at all.

All is well. words are hard. Pronouns are harder.

6. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    OMGUS but I'm not as bad a player - even as a villager - as you make me out to be.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I believe in you Nego.

8. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    My point is that by the time of Regfan and your vote I had only posted in what I'd call fluff phase for me. Yet both of you seemed to be positive about your read on me even though it wasn't based on anything that would actually warrant a vote.

I sure as heck would have tried to engage me if I were in either one of your shoes at the time. If not for any other reason then to see if my read was right.

I also think it's rude toward someone new to the site and its meta to just vote them without even trying to work with them first but that might just be me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should probably mention @Regfan here so that he doesn't miss that post either.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It's a gut read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How long until EoD btw?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did you ever really asked me about it?

No, no you didn't

And when I explained it, you ignored it.

Kind of counter-productive if you ask me.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

10. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    Did you read the game any further?

I had a long confrontation with Quixima after she voted me for no reason on D1 which I played well and got out of being widely townread for.

My point is that I'm much better at D1 as a wolf than as a villager. I've gotten mislynched as a villager many a time and I'm sure Beru can give you at least one example as their hydra partner was advocated for it recently.

So, you think I'm playing poorly here but you're unwilling to actually work it out with me for whatever reason. And that's what's bugging me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thanks Gemma!

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Nego, I don't really want to get in the way of you doing your thing or anything, but can I just comment that it's not like super duper helpful to me when you focus a lot on your meta and how you're better than what Newcomb thinks and such? If it's tilting dealing with Newcomb, could you try to ignore him for a while and talk about the rest of the game?

12. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    What exactly made you change your read about me so drastically? Only two hours earlier you said you had trouble starting a Nego ISO and would do it during your lunch break (which I assume was going on when you made this reads list).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, not my intention.

It's just easier for me to read people when they talk about me as I can tell if it's genuine or not.

And I want to get to the bottom of this to find out if Newcomb's read really is genuine or if he's just going for an easy mislynch as a wolf.

Easy because most of the players are new to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    F a i r
    e n o u g h.txt

It's just the kind of behavior that bugs me because it looks like you have no actual will to figure out the person you are suspecting/voting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok caught up.

My headache is getting stronger so I'm going to take a step back for now.

I see Stanari gaining votes but I'm not actually sure if I've seen the case on her?

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

He's not a wolf, Nego. Please read these two posts and understand that he is never a wolf in this game.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/posts/1053390/
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/posts/1059623/
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fmpov, you should have plenty to look at from Newcomb to realize that he is town in this game. You skipped over Regfan's townread on him. You've skipped over a lot of his stuff that isn't related to you. I think there's a bunch of scum motivation in doing what you're doing because it lets you continue to avoid taking meaningful stances on the game as a whole, while still appearing to be gamesolving by digging into Newcomb's read on you because that's ostensibly your town process.

I'd like to cut short any possibility of that pretense continuing and bring you out into the game proper where you are forced to engage with the gamestate and start taking stances and pushing reads that mean something to you, whatever that looks like.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Citrus are you around?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jan what is your read on Vaimes?

14. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    What the...

Newcomb has been in my villa reads list all this time, @Gemma.

I'm legit confused.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Jan your thoughts on Nego would also be appreciated.
    --- Post automerged ---
    If you're townreading him, why are you spending so much time trying to figure out if he's town?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Doesn't really connect.

16. Nego

Nego Banned

High Score:
    I'm half trying to see if my town read on him is warranted and half trying to make him understand where I'm coming from.

I don't think that should really be a problem.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Vaimes is my toptown and i love him.

Ok no. In reality vaimes is my toptown and i lo-
    God damn it.

Vaimes has done nothing to not be loved so far. I would call him a top .. A townlean.

His vacation right now makes it hard to actually get more than that.
    Basically buying him d1.
    I would urge people to smother him with love d2 onwards and see what comes out the other end.
    Not somewhere i would look today unless i stumble over something drastic.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

You're allowed to do what you like, I'm just telling you how I feel about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh. You're going to make me do this the hard way.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Sorry?!
    He has played well as wolf back2back.

I think he is not with fenwicked who is likely a wolf.
    So he is still toptown.

That is not a read on vaimes, but should still do something.