1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Birds That Don't Rise by VereorNox - T - Worm / HighschoolDxD / Book of Enoch

Discussion in 'Worm' started by Halt, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Title: The Birds That Don't Rise
    Author: @VereorNox aka Elpis
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama/Action
    Fandom: Worm / HighschoolDxD / Book of Enoch
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary: N/A
    Link: Spacebattles

So quite the bunch of fandoms paired together. I had no idea what the latter 2 were, but the story does a pretty good job at not leaving you lost.

This reads to me like a more polished, less edgy version of Shezza's Denarian Series. The mythologies themselves are quite easy to grasp for your average layperson, involving demons, angels, and you can think of this as basically an Old Testament fanfiction mixed with Worm.

Taylor's characterization is distinct from canon, but compelling and there are no reshashes to be found here. I have nothing to complain about on the technical side of things, and though the action scenes in the later half of the story are a bit cut and dry, they are serviceable vehicles through which the emotional climax of the story operates.

4/5

2. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This fic suffered pretty heavily from the fact that it'd be a solid 1 to 1.5 stars better if it had just been written as an original setting. It's technically good otherwise, but a lot of them are Worm characters in name only. 3/5.

3. unorfind

unorfind Third Year

For me it's solid 4.5/5 but yeah it's pretty heavy AU and characterization is different from canon but it makes it just better tbh :)

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Can we get another review on this before it moves out of For Review?

5. Erandil

Erandil Minister of Magic

This is practically original fiction considering how few elements of Worm (and HighschoolDxD for that matter ) are included, some names., relationships and a few other basic ideas from the settings, but other than that I found it to be an entertaining read with some cool ideas and scenes.

My big issue with it is the fact that the story is basically all set-up for sequels that it seems unlikely we will ever get. If this was OF I would give it 3 stars but considering this is fanfiction I will go with 3,5.