1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot The Chamber Strike By evansentranced -K+ ONESHOT

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Sepanto, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Title: The Chamber Strike
    Author: evansentranced
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Comedy/Humor
    Pairing: None
    Summary: Harry is sick of Umbridge and everyone pushing him around. Halfway through fifth year, he decides to Do Something about it. Completely AU, I'm sorry. I've tried to keep the characters as realistic as possible, but mostly I've just written whatever comes into my head. Read it anyway, I promise it isn't total rubbish.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2830860/1/
    My summary:
    Hillarious story, finally something refreshingly new, FUNNY.

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

"It was the middle of the night when I enacted my plan. I quickly packed a couple sets of clothes, my toothbrush, and the stuffed Niffler Hermione bought for me. She says I'm depressed and therefore need something to cuddle with. I'm just happy she didn't decide to throw Ginny at me again."

Heh. That was a great line there.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

A few parts were pretty amusing but the rest was just plain stupid, not funny at all. I give it a... 'meh'.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Seconded.

5. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Thirded.

The first half of the story was amusing, and this really could have turned into a good fic. As it stands, it's 'almost good' because of the failure in the final act.

The last 1/4 of the story reads like an absurd epilogue that was written in ten minutes while the author was on hallucinogens.

3/5

6. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Ok, so I've just read this, and while I don't have much to say about the story itself...the AN at the bottom of the page is easily worth a 5/5.

A/N: So I'm just going to put this out there: This is what the wizarding world would be like if Rowling had stuck with her first year premise of 'Most wizards don't have an ounce of logic'. Because for all that she says that, I've only seen a few instances of it being true, and right now, the only one that comes to mind is Harry marrying Ginny. :D Also, it's true that Glade candles can kill birds, I wasn't just making that up. Also, this story was concocted in Las Vegas after a morning of debauchery and turkey, with my sister, transfiguredbunny.

5/5 for the AN, minus 3 points for having to read the whole story to get to it...and I'm giving this a score of 2/5.

7. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

I thought this story was hilarious for about the first half through. If it ended there, I would of easily given it a 5/5.

Lines like this made me laugh out loud:

That being said, it went all downhill at the halfway mark, and continued to the end of the story. The author had a good concept going but was butchering it towards the end really (reminds me of another author ;)).

Overall, I give it a 3/5. While it's not Library worthy, it is Recycle Bin worthy.

8. sangmtr

sangmtr Squib

really didn't need to know that !

9. AntiChrist

AntiChrist Professor

Amusing idea. The couple of grammar mistakes and the AN interjections really messed up the flow for me near the beginning. The end though was a bit WTF at some points, but it was funny regardless. 3.5/5

10. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

That was different. It started to get repetitive and boring, not to mention weird by the end. I'll go with a 4/5