1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Confounding Mystery of Voldemort's Wand

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vengashii, Nov 27, 2008.

1. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

This thought occurred to me last night as I was unsuccessfully trying to sleep.

When Voldemort died on Halloween after failing to kill lil baby Potter, he lost his body. We all know that - but what about his wand? Did it fall into his pile of robes? I seriously doubt that his spirit grabbed the wand in it's jaws and flew off.

So that is even more confusing - did Voldemort's wand just lay there for twelve years until Wormtail came along and retrieved it for him?

:confused:

2. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

In some stories, it is said that Wormtail was at the scene and took it directly before running away. I think it makes sense enough.

3. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

So Wormtail took it, and then what? He was confronted by Sirius and then escaped to live with the Weasleys' for a decade and a half. You think he just buried the wand??

4. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, when animagi change into their animal form, everything they have on them changes with them. So, theoretically, he could have had the wand on him for all those years in his rat form.

5. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

No wonder Tom wanted a new wand he could not get the smell of rat from his old one.
    but still this is just another plot hole JKR could not care less about.

6. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Im pretty sure Rowling said someone else was at Godrics Hollow and they collected his wand. For some reason I thought it was Snape so he could take Lily to safety, but I can't remember. Probably was Wormtail