1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Denarian Lord by Shezza 88 - M - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by XxEnvyxX, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's not a question of whether or not he knows. It's a question of why we don't know. IMO, she would have thought of it at least once in the POV we have. Especially considering 1) her family is very likely to be very disapproving and 2) she is in a fight for her life, and so the thought of her baby would enter her mind at least once, from what I've seen of her.

This was more a response to the whole "Harry might have impregnated Amanda and she will give birth to Meciel" thing. He might later on, though I hope it doesn't happen, but people are saying that it might have been when they slept together before. I think that's unlikely.

2. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

Fair enough. I had forgotten about that scene...

So, it becomes a question of whether she'd know by now. One thing that's worth considering is the fact that she's been under lots of stress. I understand that stress can mask the indications for something like that...

3. Gullible

Gullible Headmaster

Sitting in front of a broken compooter, lolololol
    Shezza I dare you to abandon it at the end of this chapter. As much as I'd hate you for it it would make me laugh so damn much!

4. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Are you guys serious? Meciel moved all of her power to the coin, was going to die/go insane, was saved by God (or another being higher than an archangel, if you can think of one), found herself moving to the mortal realm with thoughts "that life was gone, a new one awaited" and then her coin melted into Harry.

How the fuck can that imply that she's going to be Amanda's daughter? Or that she'll die?

For me, it's pretty clear that either she'll stay with Harry as she had before - but would be unable to leave him and would die should Harry die or that she'd come to the mortal realm in a physical form.

In any case, what Shezza said about deus-exness clearly implies that Harry is going to command her full power.

btw, that post was a bitch to write from an iphone.

5. Arrakis

Arrakis First Year

Fantastic as always Shezza. I shall withhold any judgement on what just occurred until I see how it turns out, but there was one gramatical error I found:

"For the first time in aeons, Meciel, Lord of the Denarians were truly vulnerable."

It should be was, rather than were.

I must say though, I only caught this on the third read-through. Your awesomeness eclipsed it the first two times. That said, only one thing remains for me to mention...

Give us MOAR!

6. fash

fash Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Basically what I was going to say, totally agree!

7. DarkObelisk

DarkObelisk Squib

Meciel may end up bound to Harry, but there could be another explanation.

Amanda could be the one that Meciel is bound to. After all Amanda did at one point pickup the coin, so she would already have a bond with Meciel. We saw that a white light, like the sword of the cross, prevented her from dieing. And if I remember correctly Amanda didn't become a knight until after she picked up the coin. So we could end up with Harry being a wizard as strong an angel and a Meciel/Amanda Knight of the Cross.

Now wouldn't that be something?

8. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

That.

I want that.

9. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

You seem to be forgetting the part where her last thought was about Amanda:

No one is discarding other possibilities. But there are reasons to speculate...

No, what Shezza said about `deus-exness' clearly implies what happened in the chapter:

This is an interesting idea as well...

10. KrzaQ

I assumed that she thought about "the Girl (risking everything by picking the coin, just for a chance to save Harry)", and while I might be biased, I'm pretty sure it's much more reasonable assumption that Amanda being Meciel's mother.

You might be right, but since he mentioned next chapter... I doubt it.

11. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I thought it was obvious that Meciel's coin melted and fused with Harry sperm. And we just know that's the excuse Shezza been waiting to write some Harry/Amaris

His kid's name is Amaris right? I can't remember at all right now.

Seriously though, couldn't Meciel come back as the little girl Harry shoved the other denarian coin inside?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't necessarily want this to happen, but I know it would incredibly entertaining to read.

13. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

You're making a false dilemma: joined to Harry and being reborn as Harry/Amanda's daughter are not the only possibilities. We were discussing more possibilities than one: I don't see why this invoked so much ire on your part.

In the next chapter, because after the hero is miraculously saved by God in this chapter, he proceeds to go and tear Voldemort into pieces.

14. KrzaQ

For a moment I thought I was wrong, but I reread all posts since that update and failed to see where did we discuss anything other than Meciel popping out of Amanda.

Which would be impossible with him having the same amount of power he has now - as we have witnessed just a chapter before (hint: he died, Voldemort didn't, and it wasn't luck). Ergo, it's clear that Harry's going to get a boost of power in order to win.

15. AnvariX

AnvariX Second Year

Ugh, come on people...

We all know how paranoid Dresdenverse folk are about leaving their precious bodily fluids lying around! Obviously, Harry would have pulled out before he was done and 'finished' off somewhere where his sperm couldn't be collected for a spell against him.

...like down Amanda's throat! (gastrointestinal acids > sperm)

Am I right? Am I right? ...Yeah, I'm right. :cool:

16. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Meciel was a knight of the cross. Amanda is a knight of the cross. MecielAmanda/Harry= epic smutz. I sense an Omake.

17. greywizard-dumblemort

greywizard-dumblemort Fourth Year

Well if any fic's gonna use the ol' deus it might as well be one with heavenly swords, Archangels and demons.

I'm liking the way this is turning out, everything's finally beginning to come together.

We already knew that Meciel and not Harry was the Knight of the cross and this last scene reminds me of old legend pertaining to the workings of heaven.
    Its clear god already had his intentions for Meciel, I mean, she's partially responsible for taking out the other Denerians afterall so maybe her intended path was one of redemption. Perhaps the last needed peice was willing self-sacrifice- she was willing to more or less erase her existence afterall. The last bit then is rebirth so.... I dunno... That 'being reborn to Amanda' thing might not be so farfetched.

Probably the best fic ever... Hands down best trilogy.

18. lucis

lucis Seventh Year

A couple examples:

In discussion with you about your soul-bond comment, Seratin wrote:

Someone else wrote, and I agreed in the next comment:

Kensington put forth a completely different idea:
    And so on. That's only the notable ones that are not by you and in the first 2 pages of discussion of this chapter.

The important thing to note is how the conversation about Meciel being their daughter develops, though. Up to this point, there have been 3 notable comments, as well as three or four people saying just what essentially boils down to `yuck' or `haha'! Here they are:

Notice that only a single person said they though it was likely....

[Citation Needed]

It seems to me that it is more likely that he died and Voldemort didn't because he got worse injuries than Voldemort did, because he was hit by more rocks than Voldemort did, because of ... luck. I see no reason to believe otherwise.

In any case, do you want to agree to disagree?

19. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Since Shezza is playing the Deus Ex game, I propose a far more ridiculous theory.

Amanda IS Meciel. When Meciel sacrificed herself for Harry, she got a "Good job, Buddy!" from God and had her essence sent back in time, to where Amanda was conceived. Therefore, Meciel's completely rational dislike of Amanda wasn't because she was a naturally chipper and good-natured person compared to her tortured soul, but because the universe doesn't like it when the same person is co-existing simultaneously.

Completely plausible theory.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  20. Hasty

Hasty Fourth Year

Yea... I'm gonna take a moment to clarify my earlier comment. When I said "Anyone else get the horrifying thought that Meciel's going to end up being reborn as Amanda's daughter?"

That was a - I just finished the snippet and though 'Holy Shit' what if this happened? Not that I thought it was what was actually going to happen.

Truth be told I fully expected the post to be completely ignored :)