1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Havoc Side of the Force by Tsu Doh Nimh - T - HP/Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Hw597, Oct 9, 2012.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

>Answer: Two meatbags tried ambushing me with some droid retraining technology I am not familiar with. As they were inside the effective range of my weapon, I was obliged to manually extract their tracheas.

Is HK-47 still my hero? Always.

Also, the companion piece had a recent update too

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8594589/1/The-Unsuspecting-side-of-the-Force

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  2. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Goddamn this story's awesome.

3. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Still reading because of HK.:awesome

4. Nargles

Nargles Seventh Year

This is awesome.

We're finally starting to see a semblance of a plot. I like the fact that he's writing longer chapters and convering longer time periods. I honestly cannot wait to read about the Jedi's reaction to all this. I just hope the dude updates a little faster.

5. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I wish this fic updated more too. I'm always excited when I see a new chapter and I haven't been let down yet.

6. KGB

KGB Headmaster

From the preview of the next chapter I get the feeling that Jar-Jar is joining the gang. I don't really mind as I'm not a fan of Star Wars and the amount of angst that will induce in fanboys amuses me.

Can't wait for the unsuspecting side chapter, as that always gives a good balance to Harry's tendency to get away with things way too easily. Also can't wait for what the emperor does with Bellatrix. Darth Bella perhaps?

7. Amoral Philosopher

Amoral Philosopher Seventh Year

Is it too much to hope that Harry simply jettisons that retarded gungan out an airlock once they get into space?

8. BombTheHarbor

BombTheHarbor Third Year

I really dislike jarjar. Hopefully HK will sort him out. I'd love to see Harry/Padme interraction after jarjar has an "accident" and doesn't return with them.

9. logiccosmic

logiccosmic DA Member

Seriously, Harry isn't that sociopathic.

He'll just permanently Silence JarJar.

10. samkar

samkar Temporarily Banhammered

The amount of hate fixated on that poor guy is actually the only element worth talking about the soulless film if you think about it. One thing even managed to rub people in the wrong way in that POS. I would call that the only success of the movie:)

11. Paimon

Paimon That fucking cat

This is actually a surprisingly good fic. The only thing that I really dislike is Anakin's inclusion. If he fucks off so Harry can go do his own thing, I'd be immensely pleased. Too bad that's probably not going to happen, if the story's tags on FFN are any indication.

3/5 until then.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

This is good stuff. I was skeptical at first but now I'm legit looking forward to future updates.

Anakin doesn't bother me given his age. If he was the teenage jerk we saw in II/III then it'd be irritating but this seems fine as is.

Solid 4/5 with potential to increase based on how the plot progresses.

13. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Just read this and the companion piece. I'd steered away from it as I had this misconception that Harry was going to be a bit of a 'and her little dog too' Dark sadistic wizard.

At the start I thought that perhaps it was a little heavy handed in establishing Harry as a mercenary character. The details of their scamming death eaters to the nth to get all of 'teh money' smacked of all those massive!inheritance stories. I understand that it was used to alter the political landscape but the moving of Ron in to Malfoy Manor (as if he'd want to live there) and the 3 times, each, scamming of the Malfoys seemed almost crackish.

Maybe it was supposed to be, because as soon as Harry was in the SWverse I really started to enjoy the story. The actual method of transport I enjoyed, and the companion piece from other perspectives is also really enjoyable - if a bit of a wank fest over how many waves Harry's making.

HK is excellent, I love his style of speaking and hopefully the progressive upgrades he gets as he travels around with Harry will continue to be fun to read. It's because of this I hope he chooses R2D2 over Binks. The astromech and protocol droid comedy team will be nicely subverted and it'll be a good excuse for HK to become more and more gory.

The plot is beginning to become a bit more apparent and I'm looking forward to seeing how Harry comes to be in conflict with certain elements.

First impressions stick but I've enjoyed the story. I hope it doesn't decline in quality and I'll give it a solid 4/5.

EDIT: to agree with Cheddar, Anakin doesn't annoy me because of his age AND because of the pretty strong Tom Riddle comparisons we had when Harry first met him. I want to see how strongly Harry will bond to Anakin seeing himself and how averse he'll be to him seeing Voldemort. It could be a good push-pull dynamic and if Anakin was partly mentored by Harry as well as/instead of Obi-wan it introduces that uncertainty I love. Like Qui-Gon, we don't really know what his future will be anymore.

Oh, and I could see Harry being very interested in Anakin being wrapped up in a prophecy, just saying.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  14. Photon

Photon Order Member

It is Humour/Adventure bordering on crackfic, not Fantasy/Mystery. At least for now.
    "I'd been well and truly cured of my 'saving people' habit, at least as it pertained to the Wizarding World at large." and other changes replaced Harry by OC. But his misadventures and HK-47 are hilarious.

Unlike nyx I really liked the first chapter, but it was rather unrelated oneshot as nothing from it seems to matter in the story (beyond the fact that Harry is replaced by an OC).

Crossover is done properly, no massive overpowering of one side (though I have no idea whatever this crashlanded Sith was an unimportant minion or a legendary master), both sides react properly for abilities of another (what happened during duel, spaceships|apparition), nice combining powers (space-expansioned spaceship).

For now I rate it 3/5, as for now it is lacking plot and I am irritated by unlikeable character that replaced Harry. In addition repeating next/previous chapter at start/end and putting chapter number in the story text is just ridiculous (I understand why people practise cargo cult lawyering and put disclaimers, but this have no good explanation).

But it seems that in 9th chapter he gets better, let's see how it will go.

And - why resurrection stone is not working and parseltongue appears to be language of snakes? It is probably unintentional hint that Harry is not the first one displaced into SW universe.

I am a bit disappointed that it is not going with "magic disturbs advanced technology" as it would have big potential for hilarity and unintentional catastrophes.

And that is why I like this story.

Slightly related note: for love of all what is holy - Google and others offer free online storage, perfect for keeping backups of data that is not really important to keep secret. For example "drafts for the next six chapters of this fic. And about 30 thousand words of a new fic.".

15. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

Honestly even in canon magic doesn't disturb technology that much otherwise none of the big cities in the world could have technology since they are where most wizards and their buildings are settled.

16. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I can't say anything as to the parseltongue. I think that's just a fiat to give Harry the ability to communicate.

But as to the resurrection stone, I figure it's because this takes place "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away....", i.e before the people he's trying to summon were born.

17. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Maybe when you read through in one sitting it doesn't matter, but otherwise I think it's a solid idea. Most fanfic readers follow a lot of fanfics. Sometimes it can be months between updates.

Sometimes all it takes to jog your memory about where you are/were in the story is that one or two paragraphs at the start of the next chapter.

IMO it's only stupid if you are updating super frequently or have posted it all at once.

I assume the resurrection stone isn't working because Harry is actually in the past and not the future. "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away..." Not to mention the distances involved and the possible interference of the force.

Parseltongue is something the author is using to give Harry a language he can speak. But that said I think it was handled in a fairly solid manner. Snake-like beings across the galaxy speak it. *shrug* It's an easy suspension of disbelief as Parseltongue was always "magical" to begin with.

18. Amoral Philosopher

Amoral Philosopher Seventh Year

What I'm curious of is if Anakin will still end up turning towards the dark side in this story. Since Harry is taking him to pick up and free his mother, she will therefore not end up being tortured and killed by tusken raiders. This was the event that pushed him over the edge, and without it occuring I wonder how things will turn out?

Actually, what should cause Anakin to fall to the dark side is later on in the story when he finds Harry screwin his mom, therby sending him into a dark side fueled rage. Harry definitely strikes me as a motherfucker in this fic. :p

I now ship Harry/Shmi, not because she is attractive or anything, but so the two can get married and Harry can tell Anakin "I am your father". :D

19. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Pff. Everyone knows friction is caused by attraction.
    Harry/Padme.

20. Ravnius

Ravnius Auror

You guys are crazy. Clearly they're going to become the amazing Wizard/Jedi fighting team the galaxy needs. They'll fight the Separatists and have adventures and awesome.