1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Lion, the Witch and the Vanishing Cabinet (HP/Skyrim) - FiendLurcher

Discussion in 'Review Board' started by Mestre, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not sure how this one slipped me by, I'm always yearning for a Skyrim crossover and basically zero exist.

Agree with the points raised. Luna is fantastic - detached, airy, and slightly mad as she should be, but with a glimpse behind the curtain rather than just manic pixie waifu trope bait. She feels very human here. A weird human, but far more human than most attempts to write her.

Some choices, like rescuing the orcs, feel kinda dumb to me as a reader but are fitting for Harry's character. I liked the choice to start in Dawnstar and deviate so heavily from the game plot, but at the same time something felt a bit off about the plot direction. It felt quite restrictive and lacking the sense of a wide open world full of things which I associate with Skyrim.

Shame it ended when it did - it feels like the story is at a make or break moment.

All in all it's quite good but lacks a certain spark I struggle to define.

I'm being generous because it's HP/Skyrim, but I'll give this a 4/5. Downright criminal that the author has written three quarters of a million words of a F:SN fic but abandoned this.