1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Power Of Three by WhiteWitchDark - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Nytmare, Sep 15, 2005.

1. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Title: The power of three
    Author: whitewitchdark
    Rating: R -- depends on where you live and if you are reading the unedited version
    Category: Action/Adventure/Romance
    Summary: The summer after 5th year, Harry decides he can't afford to let Dumbledore dictate his every move. Along with Hermione and Ron, he leaves the shadow of the order. But how will a month alone change the Trio and how will the Wizarding world react? HHrR Rat
    Link: Can be found on the authors yahoo group: Group

Not the average story that i would read,but it is well written.
    The Trio run away to learn how to fight properly and end up becoming 'Champions' for the goddess Morrigan! Pretty good
    [WIP]{very mild slash and het scenes}(HHrR threesome thingy going on)
    Dark!Harry, Dark!Ron, Dark!Hermione

I have come accross this story a number of times but always put off reading it because of the slash in it. I recently decided to get over whith it and to just skip the slash, but after a while the scenes or situations tend to sneak up on you.
    I was sent reeling once or twice with the sudden apperence of a Really nasty thought, but If you are able to take it in stride you should see the humor behind it all, I know I did.(after calming my frazzled nerves)

But all in all, I think it's a good Fic, and i am looking forward to the next chapters!

Checked by Minion, Dec. 9, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Fuck I hate this story. Bloody threesome with Ron... ACK!

3. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

The very reason why I said Skip the slash and stuff, If you dont it just ruins it!

4. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I didn't skip the slash, that didn't bother me. The entire gods/goddesses thing bugged me much more, and that is what ruins the story for me. Unfortunately, you can't just skip that and still understand things.

5. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

The goddess/god thing did get troublesome...I found it boring, to be honest.

I personally liked the story though. I found the pairing intriguing, as I've never really hated any character other than Draco (and Ginny at times...it varies) I can be flexible and not be restricted by hatred of one character no matter how stupid the character is. Besides, as I'm female, I'm sure it doesn't bother me half as much as all you males. lol.

Its well written and...er.. good? (I have such a way with words I astound even myself!) What more is there? ...well alot more, but I don't feel like getting that 'deep'.

Give it a chance! Aye? ^_~

6. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

Hey, I'm a male too! :p

7. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Well its pretty obvious that most guys would be put off by it for some reason, I'm not a fan but if its a good read then Ill damn well read it!

But Yea, I did think that the whole god thing was a little off, But it was used well, A shit load better than some of these other fics that have Harry and the rest living with them for gods sake! Pardon the pun.

Nytmare!

I second that chance thingy ~_~

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The parts of it I did read sickened me.

I can only imagine how bad the other parts are.

9. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

despite

depsite the fraid nerves, so far its been easy to skip the slash. thank god. Because this really is a well written story.
    Two guy and a girl? Bad times.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Sorry... But I am just not buying the pairing.

You may claim it is well written, however it breaks far to many of my "Giovanni's Guide to Writing Fanfiction" rules to support that claim.

Oddly enough they are all general, and in no way talk about specific types of fanfiction.

11. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

is it posted

Giovanni,
    Is it posted anywhere? I'd like to see it.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Oddly enough it is.

http://forums.darklordpotter.net/viewtopic.php?t=593

And Chapter one Shatters rule 10a.

#10a. Don't write 5 pages of story and 5 pages of authors note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any successful writer will tell you that no one wants to read a book where the preface to a chapter is longer than the actual chapter, with the exception of the Communist Manifesto (I forget which years printing 1870-something) where Engels goes on a rant.

13. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Hehehe.

14. magyareagle

magyareagle Guest

I take that back

I take that back. I don't like it that much. Read until chapter nine, by then it was too much. Not to mention Authors notes that are half the chapter.
    And more slash! :shields eyes:

Slash=bad
    Hmmm, remove sunset over britain for authors notes that are 1 paragraph in a 30 page chapter and keep this, where the authors notes are half of the chapter. Hypocrites! :evil:

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I agree, although I did skip the slash, you can't add that much crap into HP and still call it HP.

Rule #1 for me is if you're going to write a story, don't add stuff which up to date had no place or even the slightest mention in canon.

Vampie Harry is cool, God's son/God warrior Harry is not.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

CVARLIE HATEDAS ST^LASHE!!!!

ARGHHEHEHEHEHEHEE!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

This story will be saved only if Harry calls that gay teacher a disgusting faggot and curbstomps him in the middle of the Great Hall.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

YES!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Lol

19. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

saw the first chapter and started smirking at warnings- since when do you have to warn the readers that the story is het? ^_o
    am amused, but don't feel brave enough to read the author's notes. I remember this story showing in my searches/other ppl's favorites lists- the thing that put me off so far- the title. :twisted:

20. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Warn that its het... LOL! Must be a slash writer then. They must be warning their 'fans'.