1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Thinking.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Verse of Darkness, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I've been thinking and reading the comments over for my uncomplete Affinity fic. I decided to continue it and use your advice (work on the dialogue and whatnot), the only blocks I'm going to have is how to make the seven years of his life different from the books, and how he would interract with the students. The only thing I do know is;
    • Harry is not going to be sorted in Slytherin.
    • Harry is going to be apprenticed by Dumbledore.

Thats about it.

2. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Do NOT make him friends with the Weasleys (minus Fred and George) or Hermione. I can't stand when this happens. Unless they are completely uncanon, then don't do it. Please don't do it.

Anyways, if Harry isn't going to be a Slytherin, make him a 'Puffer, solely for originality's sake. You could have him be extremely loyal to...somebody...and everybody loves a hardworking!Harry, right?

3. Verse of Darkness

Of course he won't be friends with them. He won't be Slytherin like stated. Hm, I might have each year Harry showing characteristics of Tom Riddle.

4. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

I like the idea of Hufflepuff. I find too many poeple get trapped between slytherin and ravenclaw.

I always saw things as slytherins as basically a lesser ravenclaw, with the addition of being all about ones self. Everything is to better your own status. You are sneaky and dont mind bending the rules to get your way.

Ravenclaw i would think as the the most ambitious to learn magic and everything they can soak up. proby mostly muggleborns who suddenly find magic and think its the greatest thing since sliced bread. They will also most likely be more interested in knowing the spell rather than knowing how to use it. More than likely the person to tell you how to fight the upcomming battle rather than actually doing it.

Hufflepuff shows you as being hardworking and loyal. I see no reason there shouldnt be star duelers and fighters commin from this house. They work hard to get to their goal, and being loyal means you probly back up your friends in a fight.

Or you could have a "true" slytherin be sorted to hufflepuff and play the house down. After all part of slytherin is being sneaky and keeping the ace up your sleave. Make everyone underestimate you :D

5. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Hufflepuff, man. Definitely.

Fidelius by Ishtar is a good Hufflepuff Harry fic, but it's the only one I know of. I've always thought that house was massively underrated. Everyone in canon looks at Hufflepuff as the catch-all House, but all the puffs seem to be solid duffers. Slytherin, on the other hand, has all the rest. Not intelligent enough for Ravenclaw, brave enough for Gryffindor, or hardworking enough for Hufflepuff. Cunning? Malfoy has the cunning of a Pygmy Puff.

6. Verse of Darkness

Hufflepuff could be a twist, what about Ravenclaw?

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

The problem is, you would have to seriously invent the Hufflepuff housemates personality from the ground up, because almost none of them, Besides Cedric, get any air time.

While it may be original, it just makes for a FriendToAll!Harry like Ishtar did. Pulling pranks and doing nothing. I would suggest Ravenclaw over Hufflepuff.

But thats just my opinion.

8. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Zacharias Smith could be your version of Ron, ie the annoying git in the common room who just won't take the hint.

9. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

Just thought that it would be useful to debate the merits of the houses using canon evidence...not that the stupid hat would know anything anyway. :)

10. Verse of Darkness

The Harry in the story is going to be rather deceiving for the Light, however, his deception leads him to undergo the characterestics of Tom rather quickly (at the end of every series). So, if he goes under Hufflepuff he would lead Hogwarts to believe he's weak and whatnot. So basically, he'd be decepting for the Light, giving him the TaintedLight!Harry. However, the "tainting" one would say wouldn't really begin until he's around 3rd or 4th year, and/or he discovers Dark Arts.

• The pairing would be HONKs. The development would start off as innocent flirting and seduction (Harry is not an innocent boy, a deceptive cunning young man like stated above. The seduction won't be sex, just probably minor kisses. I'm not sure who would have the upperhand between the two.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006