1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Third challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by DarthBill, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Not if the author has opposing gods imbu the hero's enemies with equal power. It restores the balance of power and makes the story interesting.

2. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If all you end up with is the same status quo, except with a handful of completely banal, uninteresting, hackneyed mythological figures then why bother at all?

Gods make for fundamentally uninteresting reading. Why should I give a fuck about the actions or motivations of hugely powerful beings that I can't possibly empathise with? And if gods are driven by human motivations, why bother having gods in the first place?

3. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

This is a great idea, actually. Maybe have this mixed with Memento, as in have Harry write tattoos on himself after being tipped off about the plot, as it is his only way to avoid Legilimency (Occlumency books are rare). A great mystery fic, this could be.

Also, gods are an almost autofail for me. Isn't there a Potter Law about it? There should be...

4. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What, does Thalarian's fic suddenly not count? It's been a while since I've read it, mind, but still...