1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts and ideas about this author.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by joshuafaramir, Dec 24, 2014.

1. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Hey guys, normally, I don't do stuff like this but since he's got so many works and followings with reviews, I'm curious if anybody here have read his works and just wanted to know your thoughts because I'm not about to waste my time reading 200k stories without some sort of recommendation.

Here's his profile link:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1794030/The-Engulfing-Silence

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Gift of Memories and the Heir of Slytherin are the two worst fics that I have ever read in their entirety. I have no idea why I kept reading when there was something to object to in every chapter, but nonetheless I did, so clearly it has something going for it.

Also, the Almost Recommended thread is good for stuff like this. I left a similar question there about The Merging a couple months ago.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Isn't this the harem obsessed author? All of his stories feature massive harems and his main characters always have the same personality, regardless of universe. I think he once said Harry a few times in a Naruto story (or vice versa I can't remember) and didn't realize because all of his stories are so similar.

4. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Welp, so he's similar to that Kenchi618 then?

Anyway, I remember now reading one of his stories and dropping it. I forgot what it was about but the harem was too much.

And yeah, I do look at the Almost Recommended Thread but I want to know more specifically about this author since 200k+ words fics are what I gun for. More to read, longer to read, more time to waste. All that rot.

Plus, the best fics here in DLP takes forever to update. >.<

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  6. joshuafaramir

joshuafaramir Banned

Thanks. Just avoided a car wreck then.

7. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Just looked through his profile. He self-published a book on Amazon. I read the hilariously bad summary and lol'd hard when I saw that it got 44 5-star reviews.

8. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Kenchi, I think, is a solid writer. He just gets bogged down in creating too many love interests for Naruto and not knowing how to keep a story interesting. I mean the first 100k words of most of his fics are an enjoyable read, it's like he gets carried away with side plots and doesn't know how to end a story -- which is why all of his fics are monstrous in size.