1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TMR adopted by Slytherin/Pureblood

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Nyxx, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Nyxx

Nyxx Squib

I got this idea while reading Last Chance, by Laume a long time ago and never quite found one with this plot. So, does anyone know of a decent story where young Tom Riddle is either adopted or mentored by a pureblood or Slytherin character? Someone who either recognized the potential of the child and wanted to "shape" him, or came specifically to change the past in one way or another. Thanks!

2. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  3. Nyxx

Nyxx Squib

Thank you for your suggestion, it was an interesting one. I won't say I really enjoyed it because, well, it's a little depressing view on humanity (or at least English magical community) but on the other hand, I also mostly subscribe to the idea that "Times change, human nature does not" so I can relate.

What I had in mind was something with a little more character development (and interaction) where you can recognize TMR, at least at the beginning. There, he is adopted as a baby and never knows of his past, so it almost could be the story of any powerful child of any presumed half-blood witch... Something closer to Laume's treatment or The Best Revenge by Arsinoe de Blassenville if you will?