1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Userguide [Newbie Userguide]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zombie, Dec 2, 2019.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Updating some threads and stickies. If you see anything that needs to be added, @Zombie Click my name, and start a new private conversation and PM me. This is a condensed version of what I had before. Old thread here.
    Rules
    Here’s a collection of stickied posts on top of each forum and subforum for rules, its strongly advised that you read them.

QoL Rules to Live By
    • Admin’s Rule and Mod Rule is law.
      • And subject to ‘in situ’ adjustment
    • Don’t Necro a thread unless you feel like you have something to contribute. If the thread is a year older or more, you might be better off starting a new thread.
      • Library threads are exempt from the necro rule, but do not think that a one word response is going to cover your ass. Have something to contribute. There are others that follow those threads and they’ll get mad if you’re just saying ‘I WANT MOAR’
      • Do not necro a WbA thread unless you’re giving some feedback and even then if its older than 30 days, you may wind up with a week’s time out.
    • Keep in mind though that mods will merge them if they feel it's not warranted.
    • Don’t get butthurt when the only reply to your well crafted thread is someone else pointing out the thread already exists.
    • Here’s where I’d talk about having a thick skin, but if you can’t handle something, or feel like it was way out of line; there is a report link on each post. Use it.
    • Reiterate: Plagiarism is a no no.
      • You will be banned. No question or exceptions.
    • If you post anywhere on the forum and you include your opinion as a matter of fact, prepare yourself to defend it. If you backpedal, you’ll probably get called a name. Own your post.
    • Above all, we’re all here to have fun. So don’t take any one person too seriously.

Stickies, Useful Links, and Guides
    • Bookclub
      Part of the DLP and Chill. If you wanna participate ask any mod online for the role on Discord to get notified for events.
    • Academia
      • Post your bigbrain shit here.
    • Meetups
      • Wanna meetup with someone here on the forums, going to be in their country. Post here.

Guides

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
Not open for further replies.