1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warcraft III: TFT

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Sol, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Zarent

Zarent Seventh Year

US East as well, on Zarent, but my friend just recently lent me Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Okami and AC:Bro. I enjoy SC2 a little more than WC3, so in all I'm not going to be playing for a while :)

A quick rundown on how to beat UD would be helpful though. I go Demonhunter / Fast hunts with 1 glaivethrower, trying to contain him into his base, while teching to eventual bears and dryads. The issue is that I feel that tier 2 I get completely fucked, because UD can nuke the shit out of all of my units and heroes, whereas I can't focus fire down his fiends before his DH heals it. Even when considering manaburning his DK, the heal has such a low mana cost that I can't get ahead, especially when statues are on the field.

2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Who plays WC3 for the real game these days? Custom games are the only fun i've ever had playing.

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Welllll, I do haha. I'm actually getting back into leaguing a bit so it's quite fun for me. I've always enjoyed the real game more then customs though.

As for UD, this is my general rule of thumb though obviously it has to be altered to fit the scenario. 3 wisps on the mine, 1 building AoW next to a creep spot, and 1 building alter (use that wisp as a scout when it's done). First wisp out builds a moon well, and then that wisp goes to the mine when it's done. Next wisp out goes on the mine, then all future wisps go onto wood (keep pumping them until you have 8 on wood). Go DH, and build an archer. When the archer is out, uproot the AoW and bring 2 wisps over to repair it. Use the archer to draw the creeps out then hit them with AoW and tank it. When you can build another moon well. Your first moon well should support 13 wisps (5 gold 8 wood) a hero, and an archer.

You should get creeps health down about halfway before your DH is out. Make sure you don't kill a creep before then, or kill a creep with the AoW because you won't get experience then. Once those creeps are killed, plant the AoW and build another archer. Get level 2 on your DH then go heal it. Once that's done, leave the archers at your base and go buy boots from the market on the map (should be night time or close to it.) If you're confident in your micro, sell the TP so that you have money for boots, staff of teleportation and a circlet. If not, then keep it and just save money for boots only.

After you have boots you should tech your main. Then you should go find the DK creeping and harass the hell out of it. Burn it as many times as possible and try to steal any creeps you can. Build another archer when you can, but keep it at 3 archers. Build a hunters hall and a market about halfway through your tech, and another moon well when you can. When you get low on health go back to your base and heal up again. If your tech is close to being done then go to the market if there is one and get a panda then creep hard. Build 3 more wisps with your main and an AoL.

Once you get level 3 DH go harass some more, or put up an expo. Build a dryad then research the first bear upgrade. About halfway through tech to tier 3 build another AoL. At this point it's all judgement, but you should create a mixed army of bears and dryads with DH + Panda. You will need an expo before you can pump bears, and always build a moon well if you don't have anything better to do with the money (or upgrades on units). If the UD goes gargs, put up some towers in the back of your base to protect your wisps. Also, always keep dust on you in case he gets burrow. Hope this helps a bit, and don't go hunts unless they go ghouls. Fiends tear them apart, and NE's advantage lies in resources and faster techs.