1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

I'll answer your question about what pissed me off later, I have reasons for being vague atm. In terms of me/jas sharing a qt... wouldn't I just address him in the qt and ignore it in the thread if this was the case? If we were witches why would he even mention me being suspicious when noone else really has? Us being lovers wouldn't make sense either. Do you think before you post? Maybe not, it'd be another way to explain your day one posts, although you being scum is still the more likely reason.

Republic didn't really attack Ollie, he just sheeped Jon. That doesn't mean I'm not suspicious of him though. I think scum would be a lot more likely to sheep the popular bandwagon, I didn't see much reason to vote for Ollie at the time, still don't really see what Jon did although I'm glad it was correct. The issue is that there were so many sheep on that wagon that it doesn't really narrow things down. Another issue here is that the same thing happened day two so cross referencing doesn't even really help.

Jwkl has sounded weird to me too but I haven't seen him actually do anything weird. If you can point anything out please do.

I really haven't paid too much attention to Jas or Moridin, maybe I should go back and focus in on their posts. I brushed Jas's concerns about me off because I honestly thought they were laughable as I can quote several things demonstrating him to be wrong, I'd rather just not waste my time.

2. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Maybe he threw your name in there to avoid it looking like a concerted attempt to bandwagon.

Your response to his post does seem to suggest that to me.

3. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Except I hadn't said anything about thinking you might be a witch before he posted?

4. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Which is why I find you suspicious.

Your reasons for suspicion - my posts day 1. I've been being mentioned since day 2 and you haven't said anything about it. As soon as Jas comes out, you're straight in there.

Can somebody tell me what is suspicious about my posts late day 1?

5. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

bleh since Ollie probably realized what I'm referring to anyways here's the two posts that bothered me so much:

Here's you rolefishing and wanting someone to flat out say exactly what their role is. Why would any member of town want to do this, it couldn't be any more against town interests particularly since you sound pretty sure that you think he is town here. It could be a thrall wanting to help the warlock find roles, or it could be a witch trying to find roles for a necro steal. Speaking about a necromancer, let's look at your next post from day 1.
    Why did you want to know this so badly? If it was for protown reasons I'd think you'd want to say something about the daredevil should block specials tonight or something but you didn't. I'm not sure why you and the other witches came off this idea though. Let's now look at your first post from the next day.
    Wait a second... you went from thinking that Castiel was probably town who knows the priest's identity to thinking that he's scum? That's a rather quick shift. When did your suspicions about Castiel and Gila go away?

Now you do raise a point as to why I didn't bring you rolefishing up earlier. The reason why is that day two I was most suspicious of Castiel. His interaction with Ashaya that day dissuaded me though and I honestly was thinking that Jon was scum though I didn't mention this in the thread since I wanted to build a case first.

Then Jon martyred himself night 2 so that was out the window and I reread the thread. This is when I noticed the posts that I quoted and became suspicious of you, though I was originally hunting for the thrall. Day 3 I did in fact mention being suspicious of you due to your posts late day one, here's the quote.
    Rolefishing makes sense coming from a witch too, for these reasons along with you advocating a desperado lynch on Ollie(note: I'm not saying this is a witch tell I'm just saying that it means someone probably isn't the thrall) I'm pretty confident that you're a witch.
    Deadline Vote Lynch Player: Eternity Lost

6. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Valid reasoning, apart from the fact about the necro kill (which was a question that I would have asked in my scum buddies if I was scum).

Even me, with my unlimited capacity for stupidity, knows that no one will give up their roles day one. So role fishing isn't valid either.

My suspicious about Castiel probably left about the same time yours did, and probably for the same reasons.

Gila - I'd forgotten about her. Totally and utterly. I don't know what to think of her. She's flying under the radar but I don't have anything else but that to go on seeing how little she posts.

Now I'm not so sure about you. You seem genuine about thinking me a witch. You've just dipped on my scum scale and Gila has reappeared.

7. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

There is no protown reason to pose a question to Castiel asking him to confirm your suspicion about his role. None. Even if you didn't think that he'd come out and say it(you easily could have in my opinion) I think you were at least trying to get more clues out of the exchange.

Necro mention:so you say but maybe you just did something stupid here?(wouldn't surprise me with you not thinking about the thrall choosing not to dance)

Yea, go ahead and backpedal. I busted your ass and you know it.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thrall is dead, so no worries town, you've got me.

Now I think your mayor should start talking on who he thinks it is, I'd rather not kill him, and I don't plan on it as long as I steal the soul of a witch.

After today if I'm not given witches by the town, I start killing the town. Otherwise I will continue to help the town.

9. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Who I think is what?

So, you know my role?

How do we give you witches exactly? You want us to name them along with roles?

10. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Wait, Ollie, you mean Fiat didn't send you a list of everyone and their roles? No? Was that just me..?

Anyway... I'm inclined to believe that the thrall's dead... Though for someone who says they want to help the town, he sure did kill our priest.... Why did you kill our priest and not some other puny role?

11. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

So Ollie, do we just give u random names and suspected roles? And destroying our priest makes it far harder to give you witches :(

12. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Ollie has about 4 hours left right now.

13. draconian139

draconian139 DA Member

Ollie, I'd really like to hear your answer about why you killed the priest. After thinking things over I believe that you're lying and the thrall is most likely alive. It should have been apparent yesterday that tad was getting lynched if you succeeded on a soul steal, considering this you'd have nothing to gain in soul stealing the priest over soul stealing someone else. If anything it would be harmful to your own game unless you have no other read on roles. I think this is unlikely.

Heck, since it was apparent that he was going down anyways why wouldn't you just soul steal tad if he was the thrall?

14. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    It was just polite not to soul steal my own idiotic minion if tad was my thrall, my thrall is dead, 'nuff said.

15. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Way to dodge the question.

Why did you steal our priest... Did you not say you wanted to SS witches? If so, why would you steal the only (reliable) way of finding them??

And if tad was your thrall, it would make a much more compelling case to trust you. Which at this point, I highly doubt anyone does

16. Another Empty Frame

High Score:
    Edit by doublepost: did that make sense? looking back it doesn't seem to...

Basically, you assume tad is my thrall. If he was, it'd be a dick move to steal his soul, if someone else was my thrall, then I wouldn't have been able to SS tad period. What's more likely?

I already said why I stole Necrule's soul.

Fiat, can we have soulless zombie clarification? what can I do with them?

17. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Did you? I don't remember seeing the part when you explained. I'll look through your post history.

---------- Post automerged at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

You just use em as extra votes, I believe

18. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

Even if tad was the thrall, we don't know it for sure, so we are left guessing, and uncertainty tends to be good for antitown parties. Letting us know the thrall is dead by soulstealing doesn't seem like a very strong play for the warlock regardless of the politeness.

19. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

The warlock said that he's giving up, and will be the towns tool...

even though he's going for the win, presumably... we could keep him around until theres nothing left to soul steal then kill him. But when he goes and kills major power roles it doesn't really give you the incentive to trust him.

---------- Post automerged at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Also, I looked and saw no mention of why you killed the priest.

20. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

Inb4 last second SS by lock on a pro-town player.