1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt Evolution | Day 3

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fiat, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have no idea. Which, again, is my point. Kai puts more thought into this game than every other player put together. I don't trust my ability - or the town's collective ability - to be able to spot some exploit that he could use to get away with using this plan to be scum mayor until it's too late.

Notice how he emphasises that the real judge shouldn't role claim. And, fine, this makes sense in most cases. Roleclaims in general are bad, and we don't want scum killing off the juge. However, it also means that if Kai is lying about being the judge and does somehow survive the night, the real judge will have a hard time of convincing people the next day that Kai lied. Assuming that the real judge survives the night.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011
  2. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Mer.

I'm to tired right now, Maybe Taure's right. I'm going to go to bed, wake up tomorrow, read all the rules and roles. If I don't find anything, i'll probably vote for Kai again unless I find something.

But for now:
    Rescind vote: kai

3. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

It longer makes any sense that Kai is scum. Sacrificing himself/revealing the Rogue Warlock is not a good trade for eliminating the Major role.

I still think it is a stupid plan, but it is too late now.

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

God I wish I could kill you all.

5. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I have nothing to say on the legitimacy or illegitimacy or Kai's claim. Or of the validity of his plan.

But this statement just made me lol IRL.

6. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Here are the main possibilities.

1.Kai is town Judge. We elect him judge

2.Kai is scum.We elect him judge and he gets lynched.

3.He and the Judge are lovers

4.He is a Judge and also lover in Warlock faction.

5.He is the Warlock and the judge is in his faction.

I don't think 2 and 5 are possible but 1,3 and 4 are all possible with 4 being the worst case.

7. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Something about Kai's plan seems off to me. It could be what klackerz mentioned, or he may want to use the mayor powers for something right before death. Or hell, he might just want to take the first few days to pick his own targets.

Either way, I believe there is something he isn't telling us.

Also, not sure if it bears to mention, the dancer could achieve the same thing, just dance tonight instead of no lynch vote tomorrow. Food for thought.

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

The following is what I was typing before I hit Preview Post and saw the updates since before KaiDASH revealed:
    That said, well, it was nice knowing you KaiDASH. The Daredevil should probably still use his power on you, so the Mad Doctor can use you as his 'control' when it comes to tonight's checks(pending knowing you as a confirmed innocent due to your non-lynching, unless you are in the Warlock faction), and to give you an extra night, just in case. While I can see the point of your plan, I still don't like it overall.

@jwlk, a Lovers position, would actually probably provide him a measure of protection from the Enchantress, amusingly enough. Of course, if he was a Lover-Judge in the Warlock Faction...:((also messes with the Mad Doctor's check)
    Also, KaiDASH could technically survive as either the Warlock of Survivalist, especially if the Witches opt not to kill him for the night, for whatever reason.

@Sneakthief, a fair counterpoint, since the Dancer is much more expendable, but it's too late for that now, with KaiDASH going ahead and revealing.

Either way, I just keep adding to this whenever I refresh so I'm just going to post. As Necrule Paen said, it's too late to reverse it now, really. Either way, as I see it, you die by guilt, or you die by innocence.

Mayor Vote: KaiDASH

9. guljons

guljons Squib

Reading through the topic ,I was really leaning on voting for someone more readable, but then I reached Kais plan and I have to say, I like it. If he's lying, he's dead. He could survive if he was only the Warlock or survivalist as I see it and it would be stupid to come up with this plan, if he was one them I think.
    So Mayor Vote: KaiDASH

Also if he is Judge, how often do you think he would have got to use his power?
    As I seem to remember in the past judge has only had his chance to lynch in Day1, because later everyone has their own targets to push.

10. Gila

Gila Second Year DLP Supporter

The chance of Kai being lovers with somebody in the warlock faction is very small. People have already covered the options of what could happen pretty well, but now that Kai has claimed, I really don't see why we shouldn't go along with this plan. Since he is outed we pretty much already have to deal with the downsides so let's take advantage of the upside of the plan as well.

Mayor Vote: KaiDASH

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fine, whatever.

Rescind vote.

Mayor vote: KaiDash

I reserve the right to say "I told you so" if this blows up in our faces.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I love how no one even questions Kai's motives. :s

Am I the only one who sees that it's obscenely obvious that he's a witch? :S

1. The real judge won't show themselves because;
    a) Doing so would give the witches a high priority target for late game obscenely early
    b) Doing so would give the warlocks an option to soul steal, thus (for the witches) revealling the warlock if they aren't found out.

Meanwhile Kai gets a free power to use however he wants. You know, powers that are supposed to be used for the good of the village?

Fun.

Enjoy your game guys.

Seriously, enjoy it.

13. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Yes, there is a way. He's not tecnically lying and it's unlikely, but here it is.

He is a lover of a player on the Warlock faction (making him Warlock) and is the judge. Therefore he's scum and isn't lynched by the judge.

Or, he is either the Rogue Warlock (or the Thrall) and he (or the other character) has a lover who is the judge. The judge obviously doesn't lynch him as he's on his team.

---------- Post automerged at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Crap, I forgot to refresh. Whoops.

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Okay, so I can't even have classes for a few hours, before Kai is running the town again. What the fuck, folks. So here's the truth:

This is funny, because I am the Judge. Kai is lying. And I'd look especially hard at everyone who blithely agree with him, minutes after he made his "plan".

15. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

This is gonna be interesting.

I feel Kai is anti-town.

So, here is my logic. Kai proposes a plan which will expose the judge. The judge doesn't fall for it so he fake-claims himself to be the judge.

Why I think it is a fake-claim?
    When he proposed the idea, if he was doing it as a pro-town member he would immediately say I am the judge and vote for me. He did not. He probably was waiting that the judge shows himself and witches can then take him/her down. But since no one took the bite he fake claimed hoping then the judge would reply. After Sesc role-claimed, my suspicions were reinforced. And given what I know about Sesc he isn't stupid enough to lie about being the judge at this point, it can not possibly help him out in any way.

This is all speculation. I could be entirely wrong.

16. guljons

guljons Squib

Ok, wtf
    1)if Sesc is the judge, why didn't he wait for the no lynch and kill Kai?

2)If Kai is not judge and didn't have lover for judge, why did he come up with this plan that will get him killed, when the no lynch happens and the real judge offs him?

---------- Post automerged at 06:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Did he do it just to get mayor out of game, thinking that he will be killed at the start of the game anyway?

17. Ash

rescind vote
    Mayor elect: Ashaya

Vote for me or I'll rolereveal and give the Warlock a soul to steal. I honestly have a shitty role and nothing to lose.

18. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

As far as I can tell from counting thus far, these are the current Electoral Vote Totals. If you've counted differently, feel free to comment.

Also, bold your goddamn votes and place them on a separate line.

Kai: 6
    Castiel: 3
    Sesc: 2
    Jon: 1
    Ashaya: 1
    Necrule: 1
    Aekiel: 1

19. Ash

rescind vote
    Mayor elect: Ashaya

Vote for me or I'll rolereveal and give the Warlock a soul to steal. I honestly have a shitty role and nothing to lose.

20. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Huh, this is interesting.

I think we should still leave the lynching to a no-lynch. Then, whichever is the real judge targets the other player.

As far as the mayor vote goes, nobody else really has enough votes, and I really don't want to vote for Kai, so...

---------- Post automerged at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Actually, might as well.

Mayor Vote: Castiel