1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WH 9 - Signups

Discussion in 'Graveyard' started by Miner, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I think we've played the musketeer setup before. Think it creates a pretty interesting dynamic.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ninja'd in the opposite direction. Maybe samurai'd.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Think that rule bucket is a little too mechanics heavy for a chunk of people who are trying out WH first time. Rather have a more... traditional? rule set.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I'm going to step out, sorry. Don't think I can give this game what it deserves right now, especially less so with a setup I'm not particularly familiar with.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

We should just start with 13.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, as someone who prefers mountainous games, whatever the simplest version of the setup is would be my preference.

5. Jarizok

10/3 wh is hard for wolves here I think. 11/4 sounds fairer.

That said I’d totally play 13m wh or anything else :]

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Poke your friends, need two to start.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If we're in signups for another week I am going to leave.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    If you're still in signups in a month I'll join though!

9. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I'll try and find two. Let's hope it's not that hard.

Omg wait. What is this emote????? GO TERPS.

:fear

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Or we can just start with 13.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Basic Musketeers were used in the MU WH game iirc.

Here's how I'd do roles for a 13 (10/3) or 14 (10/4) player game. Using roles 1 to 14 for a 13 player game, and 1 to 15 for a 14 player game. We add a role that benefits town more when we go to 14 players as that adds an extra Witch. I think Musketeer's are a good set of roles that aren't too swingy (1 kill between 3 roles), easy to understand and are interesting to play as & around. That said, if you didn't want to use them I guess using all of the Free Choice roles + Pagan or something.
    1. Priest
    2. GD
    3. UT
    4. Free choice (Info) - Inq / FT
    5. Survivalist
    6. Gambler
    7. Hunter
    8. DOB
    9. Loose Cannon
    10. R Musketeer
    11. B Musketeer
    12. G Musketeer
    13. Free choice - Assassin / Fanatic / Nurse / Judge
    14. Free choice - Assassin / Fanatic / Nurse / Judge
    15. Oracle / Watchman / Acolyte

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think Acolyte should be on the table.

13. Jarizok

I like Acolyte. Fluff was teh bestest Aco.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I like Acolyte.

15. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I've talked to like 5-6 people so far... Nobody's biting. :(

13 might be the move.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

If we don't get enough by Thursday at like 9 EST I'll start with Kai's 13er.

17. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Ok so I went through the MU WH rules and it's a newer ruleset that had a few role changes, some clarity updates & Witch faction buffs that seemed to go well on MU but added maybe a bit too much complexity overall (link), so this would be my modified & streamlined version based on my notes and memories of the game.

Gravedigger - At the start of each odd numbered night, you learn the Role and Player Type of whoever was Lynched that day.

Undertaker - At the start of each even numbered night, you learn the Role and Player Type of whoever was Lynched that day.

Gambler - At the start of the game, pick even or odd. On those nights (but not days), you are protected from a kill and if you are a Witch you may also give another player protection.

GD and UT changed to learn only the details of lynch deaths, and not all deaths during day. Good change.

Witch Gambler can give another player protection on his active nights. Good change.

DOB was also changed in the MU game but that proved to be unpopular. I personally think it was a good change for the game (as it severely limits the ability of town to direct the DOB) but makes the role somewhat less 'fun'. I don't think we'll use it this game, but it's something to discuss for the future maybe.

DOB - Each night you may select a player. When you die, Reveal your role and kill that player.

The Witches

In addition to their roles, Witches have various factional abilities & bonuses to utilize during the game.

Night Kill: Each Night, the Coven may decide on a player to kill.

Role Kill: When the Witches choose their Night Kill target, they may also name any role. If that player has this role, they are killed two times. If they are not that role, they will instead survive the kill attempt.

Second Shot: Whenever the Coven fails to kill with their Night Kill or Role Kill, they get a single, additional Night Kill to use on the next night (Just one extra, regardless of how many kill attempts fail). The kills may not target the same player.

Illusion Kill: Once per game, Witches may make an Illusion Kill in addition to their usual kill(s). The target of an Illusion Kill always survives.

Last Stand: When there is only one living Witch, the Angels may not provide Protection.

Spare Role: At the start of the game, the Elder Witches get an additional, unassigned role and one of them may swap their own role with it.

From top to bottom

NK: Codified existing rules

RK: Same

Second Shot: Results in the witches not being -1 kills whenever they run into protection. Potentially too strong but historically Witches have been too weak by far in online games.

IK: Same

Last Stand: Double shot with angel protect is essentially the same as single shot with no angel protect in extreme endgame scenarios. Somewhat reduces the ability of a solo Witch being able to get out of a hole (but realistically that never happened anyway). Actually being in a hole that deep is less likely due to failed kills not disappearing forever.

NK: Codified existing rules

Current rules for reference
    The Witches

In addition to their roles, Witches have a few extra tricks that they can use during the game.

Role Kill: When the Witches choose their kill target, they may also name any role. If that player has this role, they are killed two times. If they are not that role, they will instead survive the kill attempt.

Last Stand: The last living member of the Witch team may kill up to two different players each night. Note that a maximum of one Role Kill may be made each night.

Illusion Kill: Once per game, Witches may make an Illusion Kill instead of or in addition to their usual kill(s). The target of an Illusion Kill always survives, so use this later in the game to spread confusion or fake the Last Stand.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also I can play

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I also like acolyte, it's just really strong.

19. Silvercrys3467

Silvercrys3467 Squib

High Score:
    /in if you still need one after Cuth left?

/obs otherwise I think.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That's 15.