1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Fanfiction novel you think is extremely overrated?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Salah, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I feel that the Resonance series that was mentioned before is underrated, but I think I am biased because that is the first every fiction I ever read, although I have not kept myself updated with the third one. I stopped around c35 I think where Harry just visited a dimension where Dumbledore and Grindlewald were chums. I did not even know what 'Severitus' meant when i first read it, but I have yet to find any stories that do it as good as this one did, despite the fact that I hate severitus stories now.

Also someone mentioned the R-series. I would say it is overrated also. I read through 6 and a half of the books, but once they got to the underground necropolis-city, I could just not finish the last 8 chapters.

I think Bungle in the Jungle is overrated for the simple fact that do this day, I cannot figure out a legitimate reason for Luna to even be in the story. Luna is my favorite character from canon, but her place in this story seems forced.

I don't think wastelands of time is overrated or underrated, it is simply a good story.

I will toss in the idea that http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3000137/1/On_the_Wings_of_a_Phoenix is underrated, despite not finding any other mentions of it on this site. The background and idea of the story more than makes up for the somewhat lackluster performance by Harry.

Then again, I am a rare poster on this site so my opinions don't mean much.

But on a weird note about my own lackluster fictions, I get more private messages than reviews, and most of the messages are asking if my story is planning on being multi-ships or harems, and even a few cases of someone asking for slash. And this is with the fact that the pairings are set in stone in all my fics and it is quite obvious too. ⁻\˚_o\_

2. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

The Weapon by Qtuani7... I was sure it was in the library as some kind of sick joke, but its been so long :|