1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Which fictional character do you relate to most?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Which character in all of literature do you relate to most?

For me I would have to say Ron (not just cause he’s in HP but over all). I come from a large family with not much money, a bit of a smart arse, ok at school but didn’t excel. I married a woman smarter than me. I’m not as hot headed but over all I see myself as a Ron than any other.

2. yargle

yargle Professor

I'm a rather tall fellow (~5'19"ish) and always been taller than my peers growing up, so I've always felt a certain kinship with tall characters in fiction which has made the trend of tiny, unassuming protagonists a little annoying. Beyond that I've never been a reader who has felt any particular need or desire to identify with the characters I'm reading about.

3. haphnepls

haphnepls Seventh Year

There's this guy called Dogman in Joe Abercrombie's First Law world who always has to piss just the moment before the battle begins - when it's already too late. Now, my battles are not as literal and bloody, but the general problem is about the same.

Besides that, even though he's never the main character through the books, I've always felt like I understood the guy up to the point where I find myself nodding along as he speak.

It's always side characters for me. I guess I'm not protagonist material.

4. Azialady

Azialady Squib

My favorite heroine of the fairy tale is Gerda from the work of H. H. Andersen "The Snow Queen". She is responsive, kind and courageous. These qualities helped her save Kai from the captivity of the Snow Queen and melt the pieces of ice in his heart.

The heroine was friends with Kai, a neighbor's boy. But a fragment of a poisonous mirror hit him, so he began to see only the bad in the world. The Snow Queen found him on the street and took him with her, because now his heart was as cold as hers. Having lost a friend, Gerda went to his rescue. On the way, trials awaited her, she was captured several times, but this did not break her. What I like most about her is the strength of the spirit. Thanks to her, the weak girl defeated powerful magic. She escaped from the magic garden, did not stay in the rich castle, survived among the robbers.

Everywhere people saw her kindness and openness, politeness and good breeding. Therefore, they willingly helped her find a friend. Good people always want to help, especially in a noble cause. So she got to the Snow Queen's castle and freed Kai. Her love melted the ice in his heart.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

@Azialady - and that’s who you see yourself in?

As for me I tend to see myself in characters who aren’t overly interested in sex.

Relationships yes.

Sex yes.

Sex as a driving factor / desire that leads to the types of complications you see in romantic subplots?

No.

Honestly I feel more kinship with Shikako from Dreaming of Sunshine (Naruto fic) than anyone else who immediately comes to mind.

6. M.L.

M.L. Groundskeeper

I think my immediate reaction would be a good guy, but I’ve started a story about Danzo from Naruto like twenty times. There is something about his patriotism at all costs, and his willingness to do whatever it takes that has always spoken to me. He’s a sort of evil who didn’t start evil, but just kept on making the hard choice until he turned into a monster.