1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Which movie if adapted would make a good HP fanfic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sran, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Sran

Sran Disappeared

High Score:
    Taken with Harry searching for Lily Luna while while ruthless killing everyone in the way would make a good action thriller fic.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not that one you stole and wholesale converted with what may have been find and replace. That turned out poorly.

Also Sran you've made what... 5 threads in 1 day? chill please

3. Gerplex1

Gerplex1 Muggle

High Score:
    I'd love a taken fanfic with Harry Potter or a adaptation of the movie Kingsman.
    For a comedy, I would love a adaptation of a bank robbing movie (Harry/Ron and someone else rob Gringotts?).

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Some manner of Dredd/Die Hard fusion, perhaps.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've read one like that, it was called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You may not have heard of it; it got kind of mixed reviews around here.

6. TheMole10

TheMole10 Banned

High Score:
    Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter style. A combination of the two works blending together the mythos of the two would be interesting, regardless of how serious it was.
    Dobby the Elf Ranger would be just as good as details on the splitting of the Goblins of Gringotts from the Orcish Tribes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
  7. Celtic Bard

Celtic Bard First Year

High Score:
    Sran
    You've already converted one movie into a fanfic, didn't you? Do you want to write another one like that thing or what?

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Indy = Harry
    Short Round = Ron
    Willie Scott = Hermione

You'd need to tweak all the characters so that they fit the HP characters better, of course.

Willie!Hermione wouldn't be a night club singer, but the character who had all the archaeological information available. Possibly the one who discovered the problem in India in the first place and called Harry and Ron there to help with it.

Indy!Harry (hah. hah.) could more or less fit, with Harry having an intuition about dark artifacts as the MoD that Hermione couldn't match with sheer knowledge. Just shift the technical knowledge over to Hermione.

ShortRound!Ron wouldn't be a kid anymore, of course, but could still play the sidekick/comedy role in a similar manner.

Make the bad guys into Dark Wizards, leave the overall plot more or less the same with the human sacrifice and whatnot, and you're golden. Solid post-Hogwarts trio adventure.

9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How is Indy!Harry more funny than Willie!Hermione?

10. amethystrei

amethystrei Squib

- Pan's Labyrinth, minus the ending and with a more magical twist.

- 21 Jump Street, because the idea of auror!HP (and whoever else) taking on the appearance of a teenager (polyjuice? long-term glamour? ritual?) to infiltrate one of the magical schools is pretty damn awesome.

11. Blundo

Blundo Second Year

High Score:
    After reading this, I'm shocked that (afaik) it hasn't been done before. The right choice of partner would be key to making it fun IMO.

12. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This, I have seen more than once, but it was Tonks instead of Harry and unabashedly Honks. It wasn't a terribly overused device, to be fair.

13. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I once had the idea for an Inception style fanfiction. Dumbledore, Snape, Tonks and Harry would use the link between Harry and Voldemort in order to delve into the latter's dreams. Their goal would be to plant the idea that Horcruxes have weakened Tom/made him crazy over the years so he should undo/renounce them.

14. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    "KALIMAAAAA!"​

This would actually be awesome to read.

Though I'd personally prefer to read The Last Crusade staring Tom Riddle as Dr. Jones and Dumbledore as Dr. Jones fighting Grindlewald and the Nazis. The timelines would be a bit skewey, but eh.

15. Rampaging crabs

Rampaging crabs Squib

I am surprised this has not been done before. It's a good idea, but what if they go into his mind in order to convince him to dismantle the death eaters.

16. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Idk, Remember the Titans with Quidditch instead of Football, and muggleborns instead of blacks?

17. Blundo

Blundo Second Year

High Score:
    For a debatable level of "good":

The Fast and the Fantastic: Diagon Drift.

Auror Harry Potter must decide where his loyalties really lie when he becomes enamored with the illegal broomracing world he has been sent undercover to destroy.

“One broomstick in exchange for knowing what a man’s made of. That’s a price I can live with.”

“Are you one of those boys who prefers broomsticks to women?”

"So if you don't fly to win, what do you fly for?"

“I live my life a quarter-mile at a time. Nothing else matters. Not the galleons, not the Ministry, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I’m free.”

Action, romance, betrayal, wildly improbable broom stunts, scantily clad women, crime, this would have it all.

18. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    Blundo. Link?

And to not make this post entirely irrelevant and derail the thread, I'll refer to you guys The Quidditch World Cup simply because of the fact that people seem to love romance, weddings (with other subsequent shit) and drama.