1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Who is your favorite character in Harry Potter?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamesGordan, Sep 21, 2021.

1. JamesGordan

JamesGordan Banned

Snape is my favorite character. He is mostly definitely grey character and complex. I don't think he was meant to teach children. But I think you can blame Dumbledore that. His childhood friend fell on love with someone who made his life hell. Any ways, we all do stupid things for stupid reasons. It's what we do in the moments that matter that counts. Eventually Snape turned out to be on Harry's side.

2. Silirt

Silirt Chief Warlock DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

He literally applied for the job.
    Snape is kind of a textbook example of a piece of shit who's mean to children for no good reason but just happens to be on the right side. I would answer that my favorite character is Ron because I thought he was the funniest overall.

3. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

If I really had to pick, probably Luna. I'm a big fan of Mad-Eye too.

4. moribund_helix

moribund_helix Third Year

Booo Snape sucks. He especially sucks in fanfiction, where for some reason everyone keeps him being horrible but praises him.

Luna FTW guys and gals. Also, I've a soft spot for Sirius, mostly for what he went through and for being played by Oldman. However, and I say this with a heavy heart, I don't think JKR did characters well. She has great action in the hp series following the great formula, but the characters are a bit meh. Ok for children's books, don't really stand up well next to proper literature. Or even next to well written children's stories like the adventure series or the Malory Towers of Enid Blyton's.

Maybe I'm being too harsh, don't know.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  5. dudeler

dudeler High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I always liked Arthur Weasley. Sirius black is probably a close second.

6. Galen

Galen DA Member

I feel like fanon will influence this answer for a lot of people, consciously or not.

That said, when I first read the series I remember thinking the Weasley twins were hilarious. The scene from their shop in the movies was just incredible, as well.

Dumbledore is a character that I’ve always been a huge fan of, aside from a brief manipulative/greaterGood!Dumbledore phase everyone goes through.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021