1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WiFom City: The Spirit Tunnels

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Titus, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

WiFom City: The Spirit Tunnels

Titus greets the group of intrepid adventurers who meet her at the Mayor's Mansion. The group is fighting over a secret set of tunnels that gain special access to the Mayor's Mansion in WiFom City. The winning faction will gain private access to Mayor Titus and very well may dictate the direction of WiFom City in the future... until the town and the mafia fight again.

The group would expect to be taken onto some far flung or remote area of WiFom City to find the issue Titus had. Instead, they went deep into the Mayor's mansion, places in which no one had access to but the political elite of Wi Fom City.

"The 13 of you have exemplified the smartest, wisest and craziest Wi Fom City has to offer. Three of you have sworn your allegiance to the Braineaters, a mob sworn to spread the influence of intelligence and magic without regard to the costs to individuals or society. The rest of you are loyal townsfolk exhibiting the same traits who don't want the town to possibly descend into chaos with the influence of the Braineaters.

All of you share one thing. The willingness to lay down your lives for what you believe to be right. The living winners who handle the spirits get access to the tunnels; that is after the spirit problem has handled."

Everyone goes into handle the spirits. On the table is a card.

"At random times in WiFom City's History, the Spirit Tunnels become haunted. This is a check on political power. The major factions struggling for control of WiFom City must meet in order to cleanse the room. When only one faction of the living remains, the dead shall perish, leaving tranquility. The dead players will join the spirits and help their group achieve the best results. Remember, sleep with one eye open. You never know who is after you."

With that, the door locks. The underground passage has private rooms for everyone. Every room is exactly the same, but the Braineaters brought their cellphones so they can talk at night.

During the day, everyone meets in the common area (which looks shocking similar to Harry Potter's common room) and the private bedrooms resemble prison areas decorated by someone on an acid trip. The walls are a multicolored mess. Whichever room is picked, it's not too helpful for sleeping.

You decide to search the room and find a prophecy left for you. The prophecy details how the dead help the game.

Prophecy Players (Roles)

Everyone, but for the Spirit Talker, starts out having no special abilities. Abilities are granted upon death. The Braineaters, like good little scum, can still kill at night.

Spirit Tracker - One of you has the ability to talk to Spirits. If you die, your gift will be passed randomly onto another town member at the point the Spirits begin to communicate. This will only happen once. If the Second Spirit Talker dies, then the town will gain no use from the Agent of the Dead.

This is a revealless game. Dead players cannot talk to living players. Dead scum and town cannot talk to each other, but for as provided by this setup. The Spirit Talker's death(s) is(are) not revealed to either faction.

The Dead Roles

The Braineaters

Blackmailer - The first dead Braineater will be granted the ability to blackmail other players. The blackmailer can create a post restriction for any other player. A player that violates the blackmail or claims blackmailed while blackmailed will have their lynch threshold reduced by one if fewer than 6 players remain. If more than 6 players remain, the lynch threshold is reduced by two. Players are not told if someone failed their blackmail.

Votes are not subject to post restrictions, nor are questions to the mod. Post restrictions cannot require people to post in a language other than English, incentive spamming (Ex: Five word per post maximum is forbidden) and must be PG-13 rated. You cannot silence a player either. No forcing a player to claim/conditional actions (Ex: If you are a doctor, you must...) All post restrictions are subject to mod approval, but beyond that, push the limits. Dead players cannot be blackmailed.

Kidnapper (Neighborizing Jailor) - The second dead Braineater will be granted the ability to jail and neighborize a player in a give night. The target cannot act or be killed that night. The kidnapper's target is selected during the day. Dead players cannot be jailed. This role is similar to the Vengeful Ghosts, but lacks an execution.

The first Braineater will be present in the chat, but has no say as to whom is selected and can only talk to the second braineater within that chat.

The Town

Status Protectors - The first two towns that die control the Status Protector. This player selects their target during the day. This player cannot be blackmailed, kidnapped or jailkept. This ability cannot be used on the dead.

Agents of the Dead - The second two towns that die are Agents of the Dead. You may observe one living player. You get notified who they visited and who visited them. A jailed/kidnapped player visits no one, regardless of intent. This result is communicated to the Spirit Tracker.

Vengeful Ghosts (Psychotic Neighborizing Jailkeeper) - The third two towns that die control the Vengeful Ghost. This player can select a player at day to jailkeep and neighborize them at night. Once during the game, they can execute their target. Dead players cannot be jailed. This role is similar to the kidnapper but for its additional one shot execution.

Guardian Angels - The fourth two towns to die are Guardian Angels. They can protect one player from death. If successful, the fact the Angels succeeded is revealed and those players have no further abilities. They will be transferred to the dead chat. This ability cannot be used on the dead.

Signups

Locked in the Spirit Room (Playing)

1. Rubicon
    2. Citrus
    3. Sloth
    4. fontisian
    5. Caligula
    6. Lyrium
    7. MathBlade
    8. Prophylaxis
    9. Snowvon
    10. Zennith
    11. Maiden, mentored by Bill Door
    12. JKLM, replaced by Sesc prior to start

All questions posted publicly in thread will be answered and put in the FAQ until the end of Day 1.

Please check the signup thread for the official start indicated by ika or myself.

Remember to check the FAQ thread, located here

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  2. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  3. Titus

Titus Squib

Sample Role PMs

Town Role PM

Dear ika,

Titus welcomes you to the Mayor's Mansion. She appreciates your enthusiasm to held rid the underground of these Spirits that haunt the mansion.

Each of you has a unique way of thinking that is integral to solving this game, or solving the problem of the town. You all have worked unique professions for the most of your lives.

Here, those may view how you play the Spirit's game in the Spirit's tunnel but beyond that it's largely irrelevant.

Specifically, you ika have served as the Mayor's Psychologist. You explain and do the inexplicable. You also help the Mayor stay sane despite the many attempts on her life and Mafia attempts to take over.

Sincerely,

Titus

Win Condition: You win by killing all of the mafia.

Your Quicktopic can be found here

===============

Mafia Role PM

Dear ika,

Thank you for infiltrating your way into the selection process. Titus doesn't know any better. You'll find a notecard hidden under some carpet. The Godfather has left a MAJOR distraction so no one will notice you picking up the note. Grab it. Then eat it. You will then be left with just the note the rest of the town got.

Win Condition: Kill all of the towns or have no way to prevent this from happening.

Your Town Message

Dear ika,

Titus welcomes you to the Mayor's Mansion. She appreciates your enthusiasm to held rid the underground of these Spirits that haunt the mansion.

Each of you has a unique way of thinking that is integral to solving this game, or solving the problem of the town. You all have worked unique professions for the most of your lives.

Here, those may view how you play the Spirit's game in the Spirit's tunnel but beyond that it's largely irrelevant.

Specifically, you ika have served as the Mayor's Psychologist. You explain and do the inexplicable. You also help the Mayor stay sane despite the many attempts on her life and Mafia attempts to take over.

Sincerely,

Titus

Win Condition: You win by killing all of the mafia.

Your Partners are Zeitgeist and Atum. Your Quicktopic can be found here

Your Quicktopic can be found here

Confirm by PM or Skype to Titus or ika. OR Confirm by posting in your quicktopic.

4. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

Sloth checking in. First time being the first to post. Awesome.

Can I Vote: Titus?
    For Rickrollin'.

Let's do this.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Titus Vote counted...

It takes 999 votes to lynch the mods.

6. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

I vote Titus as well and my vote counts for 997 votes as I have the role of Titus's sister :D

Vote: Titus

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Sloth

---------- Post automerged at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Hey MathBlade, are you scum?

8. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Ika has the power of 986 votes, so even with all the players titus would need to self vote for a hammer.

It requires 13 votes to hammer Ika

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Vote Counter 1.1

(7 votes to lynch)

Titus(2): Sloth, MathBlade

Sloth(1): fontisian

not voting (11): Rubicon, Citrus, Caligula, Lyrium, Prophylaxis, Snowven, Zennith, Maiden Sesc,

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  9. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Awww damn the lynch Titus plan didn't work.

And I am not scum or Braineater or any flavor there of.

Fonti what is your case for Sloth?

10. fontisian

Voting for someone outside of the game is a (weak) scumtell.

What was the point of the lynch Titus plan?

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote: Rubicon

I don't know. Hi.

Also my name has an o in it, not an e.

12. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

Braineaters, why brains? They don't look very tasty at all. Why not go straight for the heart?

Cookies and cream :p

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Hello everyone

14. Sloth

Unvote.

Well, I guess we can say Fonti's somewhat Townish for not jumping on the Titus bandwagon.

Mathblade, however, hmmmmm...seeing anyone who places a second vote in a wagon as a scumtell is a valid and not at all ridiculous theory.

Also not sure how I feel about Rubicon's 'Hello everyone'. Most others sort of ask questions and react, but Rubi's just a quick hello. Probably nothing, but nothing much to work for as of yet.

Hey @Snowvon, explain your vote.

15. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Oh cool Sloth finally got to be scum.

16. fontisian

Yep. It means MathBlade is probably town, too.

Sloth: How exactly was my vote townish? Give a more precise opinion on MathBlade. What's the point of talking about Rubicon's "Hello everyone" if you have nothing to say about it?

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Lol this is hilarious!! The Titus vote was a vote non vote for delaying the town vote which is scummy.

unvote

I would say a lurker is probably scum. Evil lurkers making us townies divided.

18. fontisian

Mathblade: Then why not vote for a lurker? (Hint: There really aren't any lurker less then 5 hours into the game.)

Lyrium: Give me a opinion on something.

19. Sloth

@Mathblade: Titus' vote was a what now? I think I know what you're saying here, but clarify.
    Also, I don't know if you picked up on it, but most of my last vote was almost 90% me being sarcastic.

@Tish
    I said you not voting for Titus was the towntell, Tish.
    And...er, I wasn't serious. I thought it was obvious that voting on Titus on my first post, over a Rickroll was clearly just me playing around while waiting for the game to pick up.

I'm mostly bored (have nothing to do today), and bouncing around.

The Rubicon thing was also me being playful, but not entirely. Rubicon likes to make his entrances, and I said that to pressure him on to doing something decisive. He did, and more or less exactly in the way I expected, so for now I'm just going to sit back and observe him.

Snowvon's the new guy, and the one with the unexplained vote (a move with has no precedence for him, see 'new'), so I'm poking him for an idea of his way of thinking.

---------- Post automerged at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

^most of my last post, not vote*

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

FYI this was before reading post #14 onwards:

Enjoy the pressure.

Obligatory mechanics/meta-gaming:

Can scum choose to kill themselves at night?

Night deaths are almost 100% town. Pairs of TPRs will be through 2 night deaths or night death + mislynch.

I'm not recognizing anyone in a jail chat as who they say they are unless they use the QT name I've seen them use before. There will be no faking identity in jails (or I personally will not recognize your identity via a claim).

If you receive Spirit Caller, whoever just died is confirmed town.

Whether or not the blackmailer is smart this game, I am not afraid of being blackmailed at all.

---------- Post automerged at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

@Sloth

You haven't mentioned Lyrium's opening post, which doesn't include a vote.