1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

WIP WIP - Dodging Prison and Stealing Witches - Revenge is Best Served Raw

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by froper98, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Third Year DLP Supporter

Your taste is shit, but that's ok.

sfu
  2. Dystopian Destiny

Dystopian Destiny Fourth Year

The funny thing is that I like stronger-than-canon Harry(especially MoD). I used to read fics only if they claimed to have a powerful Harry. I realized after some time that most of these stories were shit. It was some fic called H J Potter which made me aware of just how nauseous and simple these fics were.
    Political !HP and Bad!Dumbledore are often mundane, with far too many friendly or co-operative goblins. I never did like Bad!Dumbledore fics anyway.
    This is pretty much a use of the basic betrayed!Harry outline. Triggered me by this point. I might have read it if he had bothered trying to be different, but I see no indications.

I guess others must have persevered through the relentless cliches and have seen light. I am not going to bother with it.

Rating revised to 1/5

3. sfu

sfu Squib

From your quotes (and ctrf+f) I determined that you never made it past chapter 2.

You could try to get to finish up to chapter 6 at least (by the end of chapter 6 you'd read around ~20 to 25k words, not much time wasted by any means). If you don't like it at that point, then stop reading it. The first three chapters are some kind of build-up anyway. Harry gets sent back plus info (chapter 1), gets his wand (chapter 2), and last earns some money by selling opiates(chapter 3).

With chapter 4 the actual plot begins by Harry meeting his first potential allies. Chapter 5 or 6 is where the Hermione part starts and where I began to genuinely enjoy the story. Before I was undecided because I actually did not want to read it at all. Too many bad stories with similar setups.

And yes, I agree, H J Potter is wrong on many many many different levels.

4. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

5. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin