1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worm London OOC Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aekiel, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

How does a full time student work with a catering company? Weekend job?

2. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

You're a part time server, nothing big but it helps to pay the bills.

3. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, the bonuses are killer.

EDIT: I'm going to get an hour's studying done and then get shit going again. I still need to write up Ashan's rebuilding the building thing, iirc. This scene will be ending soonish, I think.

---------- Post automerged 04-04-2014 at 02:15 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-04-2014 at 11:24 PM ----------

Okay folks, we have a new house rule.

Tinkers can now exchange Frequency and Duration on a 1:1 basis, so an effect that lasts 4 rounds and can be used 7 times, can now be extended to 11 rounds once/11 times with a single exchange use and everything in between.

We'll see how this plays out in game to see if it's balanced or not.

4. Aekiel

High Score:
    And time to shine. I'll get Ashan and Nemrut's things typed up now. Ended up having a drink after work last night so I decided against GMing. :p

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

@Mishie: You're looking at a Difficulty:4 roll for that Burglary roll.

5. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Welcome to "Everything Goes Wrong, The PbPRPG."

It's time to desperately bluff my way out of this.

Edit: Or maybe "Everything Is About To Go Wrong, The PbPRPG."

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  6. Aekiel

High Score:
    @Corellon: Oops. Just realised that I was supposed to offer you a compel before those guys turned up. Sorry, I blame lack of sleep + 6-2 shift messing with me. Want to take a Fate Point for Fuck the Police (Except the Ones I'm Friends With)?

7. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Sure. I wasn't sure if that encounter was going to happen regardless or it was my aspect's fault. Thanks for letting me know.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Cool. Add it to your character sheet and I'll get things going.

EDIT: Since we're getting in to a bit of social combat here, we'll be establishing Initiative. This is basically the order in which actions can be taken. Talking is a free action, so you can interject whenever you want, but if you want to attack/manoeuvre/etc. it needs to be your turn. Social Initiative is determined by your Empathy skill rating.

Currently the Initiative order is:

Nimbus
    Martian
    Zephyr

The Suits just rolled Empathy to try and detect lies, so it's your turn for an action.

---------- Post automerged at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 AM ----------

@Mishie: You're looking at a Difficulty:5 Burglary roll here.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  9. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

Waha, I didn't lie at all in that first statement! Still trying to deceive them though ;_;

---------- Post automerged Apr 9th, 2014 at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was Apr 8th, 2014 at 01:24 PM ----------

Sorry about the delay, wanted to get something appropriately in-character.

10. Ashan

Im just waiting for Mishie to post a response before making a reaction. Though, if there's a chase, I'm of a mind to interfere.

11. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Going to be honest, waiting to talk to Aek before I do anything, mainly because I have more than a few ideas of what to do next and well, some of them maaaaay fuck with future plans that he has...

12. Aekiel

High Score:
    I'm good with you starting plans and such. This is an open world; I'm not going to railroad you if I can help it.

Also, sorry for not being around yesterday. Real life called and demanded I pay attention to it.

13. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

So yeah, haven't posted yet because of the fact that well, it looks that Aek is trying to nudge Wisp to go and help Zephyr, but well... It's not exactly in character for Wisp to want to reveal anything about himself that he doesn't have to, especially to capes that he might not know the identity of. So uh, unless he's compelled to do so, he'll probably just have Fissure make a distraction for Zephyr.

Also, rolling Capes to figure out who the 2 capes are, not doing it in IC yet because the info will change my post.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  14. Aekiel

High Score:
    You're looking at Difficulty: 3 to work out who the capes are.

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

@Nemrut: How about a compel on Fearing Entrapment? Basically, I want Rosetta to be nervous that this is a trap for the duration of the scene. After all, it is a Creepy Meeting Place.

Alternately you can spend a fate point and make this compel go away.

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Okay, hugely important and relevant question now.

@Lamora: What the hell happened to your name/avatar?

15. Corellon

Corellon Second Year

I think I'm about to compel Paid For His Independence, but it's not really going to add much to what FtP(EtOIFW) is already compelling me to do, so it's up to you if I get a fate point for it or not.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  16. Aekiel

High Score:
    Just to clarify, I'm the one who compels, for the most part. That said, if you act in accordance with an aspect that I haven't compelled I'll likely give you a fate point for it.

---------- Post automerged at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

@Mishie: You know that compel I was talking about? Here it is.

Arrogant Ambition - You know that Zephyr is a capable parahuman, that he has friends amongst the wider cape community and that he's capable of running if need be. That's not enough for you. You'd rather be there just in case he's not capable of taking care of himself.

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

@Mishie: You'll be joining in immediately after Corellon chooses an action to take for his exchange (unless he chooses to delay his turn until after you've gone). Afterwards you'll be joining in based on your Empathy rating, which is... 0. You'll be acting last for as long as this is a social conflict.

This means that you get one action to choose between a Stealth or Capes roll for your first exchange, assuming you don't come up with something different to try.

@Group: This has reminded me of a house rule that Mishie and I usually use; Alertness rolls to detect Stealth can be made as a free action (i.e. you can do other things as well as be on guard against stealthy people). Does anyone have anything against this?

17. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

I'm fine with the change, the main reason is that the way I always saw it, Alertness would be noticing something odd out of the corner of your eye that could reveal something stealthed, whilst using Investigation or a similar skill would be actively looking for them. There's also the fact that the way I see it, Alertness should give less information than an Investigation roll would give, which doesn't really make a difference in combat if you know somebody is hiding, since well, if you have a general location, that's good enough, but for noticing somebody in the first place you might need a better roll.

Also, got a 6 with my stealth roll somehow, so for now I'll just be sitting back, watching to a see what's going on and trying to get as much info as I can. Unless things change a fair bit, I'll probably do my capes roll next and then join in.

18. Aekiel

High Score:
    Fair enough.

Also, I'm in two minds over whether Capes or Contacts should cover the knowledge of other capes. It replaced Lore, which was more of an arcane knowledge type thing and Capes is supposed to model the knowledge of powers and the likes (which is why Bonesaw has such a high rating in it). Contacts may be better for working out who people are.

Like I said though, I'm in two minds over it and I'm happy to go with the group consensus on this. You could pretty easily model a Capes roll as working out what powerset the person has and then working backwards to find their name, while Contacts would be just general knowledge of who is most likely to be in a given situation, with powerset knowledge playing a background role.

Hmm, we could possibly call it two methods of achieving the same thing then, really. A parahuman science focused character would be more likely to use Capes while your typical Brute would probably use Contacts.

Anyone want to weigh in on this?

19. Ashan

Two method sounds good. Could even make it variable difficulty. If a cape is incognito, capes would be better. If he's in costume but not using any of his notable powers, contacts would be more usual.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    @Group: Going back to the Alertness free action thing, is everyone okay with what has just happened in the IC Thread? The Martian rolled a 6 to spot Wisp and succeeded. Should this fall under free actions (i.e. can happen at any time) or supplemental (i.e. happens during your turn)?

I'm inclined towards free because of the whole 'catch a glimpse out of the corner of your eye' thing can't really be modelled as a specific action. Plus me calling for alertness rolls to spot people would be effectively forcing you to give up your supplemental action during the first round of combat otherwise. Of course this applies to all characters, PC or NPC alike.

However, this can impact stealthy characters a hell of a lot, so I want everyone to be on board with how this works before we get to the point where it's needed again.