1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Worst Scene

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Working with the 'Best Scene' thread, this is where you can list your most hated scenes in the series. This'll be fun, having seen the various rants on this site over the last two years. Some of them were beauties.

As for mine? Apart from the epilogue and the make-out session in HBP with Harry and Ginny, I'd have to say...

...any scene in which Ginny said the word, "Phlegm,"

Talk about stupid. It just showed she was a jealous cow, which I don't think JKR was actually aiming to achieve, but that's how it came off.

I guess another is when they see Fred and George's shop for the first time in HBP. U-No-Poo? No thanks. Get better jokes, please.

And I'll finish it up with... well, no. That's about it from me. I don't want to take them all.

2. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

The scene where Voldemort dies... that was the biggest disappointment for me in this book. Except perhaps for the battle of Hogwarts... I was rather expecting some assassinations done by and on deatheaters, some behind the scenes games (controlling a puppet goverment or sth like this), but definitely not a battle on school grounds (at least not of this magnitude)...

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Harrys chat with Dumbledore in his near death scene. Not only did it give us some spiritual BS but Harry didnt shit down Dumbledores throat for being an asshole.

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The scene in OotP when Hagrid comes back and we have to sit through a massive exposition that we don't care about at all.

Every time I've re-read OotP (and it's a lot of times) I've skipped that scene. It's just so dull.

But yeah, Voldemort's death was pretty lame too.

Also, the whole Polyjuice sequence is CoS is dull. It was OK the first time round, but once you know how it will end it loses all interest.

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

The scene where Hedwig died. That absolutely sucked. She was smarter than Harry, at any rate. >_>

6. Methene

Methene Auror

The scene where Harry takes the Felix Felicitas potion and Ginny breaks up with Dean as he is climbing the stairs to the Gryffindor common room. Ginny had a bitchy moment there too...

Plus giving the potion to his friends. The number of uses that potion had and he wastes it away like it was a sickle.

7. Lucullus

Lucullus High Inquisitor

In all honesty, I can understand his reasoning. Being with Dumbledore can probably be likened to having another vial of Felix Felicis. And without the potion, his friends would almost certainly have all perished. Well, Ginny definitely would, not that its a bad thing.

But yeah, I did feel he should have kept a bit for himself, if that was possible.

8. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

The Epilogue by nature....
    All Harry's talks with Scrimgeour in HBP
    Ron saving Harry and destroying the horcrux in DH

9. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

The withered hand of Dumbledore.

The entire beginning of OoTP with the angsty/angry Harry.

Monster in the chest.

"Dumbledore's man"

Umbridge just running out of Hogwarts with only Peeves harassing her. Actually all the payback for past crimes sucked.

HPB in general.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

The fight with Snape in HBP ws a bit short, and more than a bit awkward to read, especially when Snape had to actually come out and say he was the HBP. That just made Harry seem really stupid.

11. harryfan

harryfan First Year

There were many things that sucked in the final two books. Of course Ginny being there in most of them. But for me the one that takes the cake was Ron getting into the chamber by hissing in pseudo-parseltongue derived from what he remembered from 5 years ago and they get the basilisk fang and destroy the horcrux. What the hell is he? An effing parrot? Is that his animagus form as well?

12. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

When I thought it couldn't get worse... after all I was at the epilogue... and suddenly this came. I was like 'WTF' when I read this name.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  13. harryfan

harryfan First Year

That sucked big time. In fact the entire crapilogue was 'WTF'

14. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Harry casting Expelliarmus against Voldemort.

15. Flamata

Flamata First Year

Oh christ...I'm gonna have to second 'phlegm'. And add on any time when Ginny is flouncing around imitating Fleur or generally being a bitch about her.

Also, I have to say I really disliked the meeting with Xenophilius Lovegood at the wedding. Even with Luna's eccentricities, I had thought her father would be somewhat different, and it really just irritated me that a grown man was given the exact same personality as Luna.

16. CGB

CGB Auror

Molly Weasley killing Bellatrix. I mean WTF?!

17. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Voldemort's death by expelliarmus. That was way too lame.

Why the fuck Rowling didn't give Harry some balls to cast the Avada Kedavra? Hell, he'd already used both non-mortal Unforgivable Curses...

18. harryfan

harryfan First Year

^^ All of JKRs balls (no pun intended) are reserved for Snape, Ginny and Hermione. The rest can rot in hell. It was her avowed objective to show a fucked up Harry in the last two books and by jove she succeeded in doing that.

19. Methene

Methene Auror

It was as if she decided she liked the other characters more than Harry after GoF. Up to the fourth book, Harry was on the right path, learning, surprising everybody. Ootp came around, and it was as if JKR decided:

"Hey, like oh my god, like Ginny is like so cool"

and various degrees for other characters, including my personal favourite Won-won. If anybody should have been sleeping around it should have been Harry not the Weasley beggar.

20. Goofykilledher

Goofykilledher First Year

I have to agree with Ginny calling Fluer 'Phlegm' and treating the French hottie like shit. That really pissed me off. The only reason Gin-Slut acted that way towards Fluer is because it makes Weasley look like warts on an infected Brittany Spears' hoochie.

And Hermione and Mrs. Weasley agreeing with Ginny's behavior was especially annoying.

Rowling must have been snorting something, because it was like she instantly decided that ALL girls must look less awesome than Ginny. Like with Cho and Katie, both who have been on their Quidditch teams for at least five years, yet suddenly Ginerva is better than them. Or when Rowling wrote in 'HBP' that Harry thought Cho looked like a loser on the train (that pissed me off to no end). Or mentioning how clever Ginny was compared to Hermione.

I could go on, but I'd rather not let my blood pressure go up more than it already is.

Voldemort's death was really pathetic. Since WHEN did Expelliarmus defeat one of the greatest Dark Lord's of the modern age. These rules didn't apply in 'GoF'. So why the FUCK now?

I expected both to die, and more explosions. Dark Lords must go down with style.

And the epilogue? I was half-expecting Rowling to write Colin Scabbers Potter by the time I was done with it.