1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

X Men: The Last Stand

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Xanatos, May 28, 2006.

1. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

It was a great movie, but did have quite alot of down points. I thought the pyro/iceman fight should have been a bit longer and some of the cooler characters didn't get that much attention, but all the main characters worked well with the plot. Special effects were pretty great too, especially liked the part were magneto moved the whole bridge over the water to reach the island.

Do you mean kitty, the one who could go through walls and stuff? She was mentioned in passing, at the big conference at the very beginning of the first movie and her abilities where shown off at the invasion of the second movie and in one of xavier's classes in the first....and yeah, she was hot.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2006
  2. se7en

se7en Professor

I didn't like how it was like 6 xmen vs. hundreds of other mutants, yet they dominate them.

3. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

in reference to the 6 vs 100 part. I dont know if this holds true in the comic, but it appeared that mutants had a power level rating in the movie. Im assuming quite a few of those mutants were near worthless, which is why magneto only had like 5 or so good ones with him.
    Also im assuming that the X-men are all very powerful ones. With the exception of Beast they all seemed to have somehting really friggin cool to help them. Also lets keep in mind there were humans in the backround shooting de-mutant shit at them. Kinda harsh there.

I personally think killing Scott was perhaps nessesary to show "the pheonix's" nature. Killing your loved one is one hell of a statement. It made it very quickly apparant that she didnt have control of herself, and seing how its a movie they needed somehting fast like that so they could move on.

I only really had 2 problems with the movie.

1. Storm: How come in the second movie she can make like 10 fucking huge tornadoes, but in this case she didnt have all that much. Seriously if i could make 10 tornadoes i would have leveled the fuckers right on the bridge.

2: "the Pheonix" was way to uninvoled. She did some wicked shit at the end and i must say the animation was friggin spectacular, but besides her fight with xavier and at the end she did nothing. She was this huge weapon that didnt get used.

Iv'e never read the comics, but i think someone here said that she cant really die and she comes back. I sure hope she does actually cuase after this movie im rather attached to her :D. It nearly inspired me to morph the ideas of my story im planning out. Dunno if i should or shouldnt, pulling off Super!Harry is hard for me cuase i have a hard time giving people proper weaknesses.

4. CGB

CGB Auror

I think the 6 vs. 100 wasn't that unrealistic. Wolverine for example could easily kill half of them because of his healing abilities. They could hit him and the next second he's healed and cut them in half. To Storm: I think she didn't make the tornados because they were to big to control on the rather small island. She would have hurt the other X-Men. But I agree that Phoenix could have done more. But then again: She's nearly invincible. I just wouldn't be fair.

5. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

yeah thats why super power fics are so hard. What possible challenge could there be for someone on that power level? They tend to get boring becuase theres nothing stopping in there way. Pheonix's conflict was her contrasing personalities. Im assuming she partly wasnt fighting becuase she was having an internal emotional battle like at the very end of the movie.

6. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

You know who was hot in this movie?
    Actually a lot of characters (female of course)
    But it was Mysticue in her non-mutant form who turned me on.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2006
  7. sparkydiedtoday

sparkydiedtoday First Year

alright. couple problems

1. angel looked too much like a pansy, in the comic books he becomes one of apocalypse's horsemen (he is DEATH) and there is no way i could see a guy like that killing MILLIONS.

2. if you blinked you could have missed cyclops' death. the whole time i was waiting for him to come back, i wasn't even sure that he died.

3. the phoenix, in the comic books, is NOT Jean Gray. the phoenix uses jean gray's form in order to fit into her surroundings, jean gray is in a cocoon below jamaica. killing xavier was alright, but the way they did it made it feel as though xavier was able to pull of an impressive illusion.

4. kitty pryde was a different actress in each of the movies, and it felt like she didnt belong in the movie (i personally believe that she was only there to fill nightcrawler's spot because the actor said he didn't want to be in the third movie).

5. wolverine was absolutely too housebroken in this movie. he was raised as "the perfect, emotionles, weapon," did he look like that to you?

6. too many characters were on the wrong side of the fight (i.e. multiple man, spike)

7. they treated juggernaut like a mutant. he was stopped by a freakin wall, need i say more? i understand that he was within leech's circle of influence, but he is not a mutant, therefore should not have been effected (granted they didnt have enough time to tell his story, but if you cant tell someones story, dont put him in the damn movie).

that being said, i loved wolverine's fight to get to the phoenix, great filmwork.

8. the movie never really did anything with iceman's pansy love scenes.

9. rogue never came into her full power (absorbing polaris' powers permanently), but instead we saw her almost get her powers removed.

10. forge was the one in the comics that created the mutant cure, and storm should have lost her powers.

11. i'm kind of suprised they didnt introduce alex summers (havoc, cyclops' brother) because it seems like a relationship hollywood would exploit.

12. it was kind of annoying to see them mention fifty billion arcs from the comic books when they don't capitalize on any (another reason why I think it was the last one, they killed far too many people).

13. colosus should have had a better part, they kept foreshadowing a great fight scene but it never came.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The film was cool. I actually quite liked it, and Halle Berry is hot! So is the one that plays Kitty though - teh damn thing is full of hot girls! Woo hoo!
    Anyways, now i'm over the hot girls thing - I was really pissed off at how small a part Archangel had in the film! Come on! The guy is awesome! I couldn't tell you how many times I've wanted wings like that. Course I'm terrified of heights now so its a moot point.
    The film was filled with so much crap though, most storylines had no point at all - Archangel, Kitty/Iceman, Cyclops' death. Though beast did kick ass in the fight scene (and he is a mutant - no human has blue skin and hair).
    Mystique without her pwoer is hot too. Though i liked her as the mutant more (metamorphs are so cool :D)
    Aekiel

9. sparkydiedtoday

sparkydiedtoday First Year

archangel wasnt in the movie, it was angel. he isnt archangel until his wings get torn off and apocalypse gives him new metallic ones and he becomes the horseman named Death