1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Your own music

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Theogonia, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Theogonia

Theogonia Second Year

Lacking any thread that deals with music you wrote yourself (solo or in a band etc) I'd like to start one. Been planning to do so for a some time, but never really got around to it.

So, this is my current band, Scorum. We play mostly Death Metal with some influences from other Metal-genres. We recorded a demo last year that will explain our music better than a few words can. https://soundcloud.com/scorum/sets/scorum-demo-2014 (and yes, unBEERable is supposed to sound that way. We had like 30 minutes of time left for recording and decided to do it live, without mixing/mastering)

I'm the singer in that band (or whatever qualifies as a "singer ;) ), and I write all the lyrics. We shared the stage with some really cool bands (Stillbirth, Decision to Hate and, most recently, the dutch Braincasket), but it's kinda difficult to find the time since 3/4 of us are working full time. Still, it's always freaking awesome to go out and present the fruit of our labor to others.

Are there any songs that you wrote, or a band you're active in? Maybe some stories from your youth when you just jammed with a couple of friends?

Oh, and btw, asked Lord Ravenclaw about this kinda thread: "I'm fine with it, as long as you're not constantly linking to your own site. A single link is okay, especially if it's SoundCloud or similar."