1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marauder's era time travel made interesting.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Paddle, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Paddle

Paddle Muggle

Hi there,

Somehow I love time travel stories, especially those where people (Most often Harry or Hermione) go back to the marauder's era.
    The problem with those is that the characters being all-knowing, the plot is usually pretty non-existant. Which is very annoying.
    For instance Delenda Est is nice, but the plot is a bit lacking. And so in the end most of the book is useless politics/cat & mouse between Harry and Dumbledore.

Anyway one way to deal with that is to have Voldy find about the time travel, at least some information about it.

So here's the challenge I offer :

Prolog : the war goes very wrong trope. Most people die.
    Harry and Hermione (or alternatively other characters, though we need at least 2) find a way to go back in time, however they will arrive in the past 1 month appart.

This part is not told to the reader : Harry arrives first, and by bad luck he's taken by voldemort who find some but not all information about the time travel. He notably doesn't find out that another time traveler is coming.
    Voldy memory charm Harry to turn him into a blood purist. Harry is to be enrolled in Hogwarts and set to infiltrate the Order of the phoenix.

When Hermione gets to the past, Harry is not there. She goes to Dumbledore for support and they ponder what to do. Hermione is to enroll in Hogwarts as a 7th year Slytherin to infiltrate the death eaters.

Hermione meets Harry but he doesn't know her. She doesn't know what to do. Legimency shows her only his cover story. So she suppose it's an effect of time travel and it's just not her Harry.

Harry befriends the marauders at hogwarts.

Hermione befriends Bellatrix, Snape and other slytherins.

Then this open to a lot of possibilities. My initial take on the plot was to go for :
    Hermione try to turn Bellatrix from pure blood beliefs. Bellatrix is interested because Hermione is (slightly) OP.

Hermione and Dumbledore try to hunt the horcruxes.

Hermione go to initiation process of death eaters.
    At some point after that Voldemort recognize her from Harry's memory.
    And so on. This kind of happy plot.

In terms of pairing, I was going for a Harry/Hermione, then Hermione/Bellatrix and at the same time Harry/Bellatrix with an end game of Harry/Hermione/Bellatrix.

I actually started to write it myself, but honestly I'm not sure to be a very proficient writer. If you're interested you can read the beginning here : https://archiveofourown.org/works/30509697/chapters/75241425

If you like the plot line, let me know. Whether it's to continue that story, help me with some chapters, start another story from some of those ideas. Please don't hesitate to reach out.
    Cheers

2. Atram Noctem

Atram Noctem Auror