1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Challenges.

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Verse of Darkness, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Oujou Akaash

Oujou Akaash Unspeakable

wtf. I thought all the people are dead when sasori makes them into puppets.

2. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

o_o. You notice the fact that they are shinobi? You notice the fact that shinobi kill? -_-

Mainly, what I've got planned out so far, is Naruto staying in Konoha. COnsideirng how the Sand and Leaf are allies, they should have a few delegations to each other in between, so, while being brooding fuck about how Emo Sasuke gets everything, he's gonna end up wondering wtf the Sand was doing here. He'll get to watch a brawl between a puppeteer and Konoha Jounin and he's gonna fall head over heels with the whole puppet gig.

I'll start fleshing out the plot itself later.

EDIT: And for the animating the dead as puppet thing... If I manage to get the story past the 200k word mark, I'll have him trash out Sasori and after that have a modified version of it through some retarded means which makes no sense to anyone with an IQ over 80 and hopefully just skimmed by my readers.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  3. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

puppets and Naruto have always made sense to me it just seems that they could be usefull for pranks or something heh maybe one day Naruto will be the first puppet master hokage

4. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Not unless you make him into one...

Other than that, I think the idea is great. I never really thought about something like this but I definitely like it.

Fighting with the puppets might be a little hard to write properly since it's basically just strings and traps and no real techniques.

So there will probably be some difficulties with sustaining the suspense and variety in battles. The situation is rather similiar to a pure taijutsu!Naruto.

Well, at least till he gets his first 'living' puppet. Then you're free again to use any jutsus you want. Anyway, I think you're up for the task.

I also like fantasyfreak's idea with puppets as his new prankster tools. In fandom Naruto is always unnaturally gifted concerning his prankster skills and in this case it'd actually really help him for once.

That way, he'd be motivated from very early on to create, test and tweak his own puppets. And since Naruto should be reasonably powerful, the talent and interest he has would make him into some kind of 'genius' in that area.

I just think he should develope the 'puppeteer drive' out of his own genuine interest instead of him 'just' seeing how effective it is to own Sasuke. The latter simply lacks the natural devotion that he should have towards puppets.

I'd let him discover his love for puppets via pranks early in his life and show them to him in action later on with the Suna nins. Well, your decision.

I'm interested, however, what kind of Naruto fic you intend to write. For some reason, the whole puppet idea screams dark!Naruto to me. I always see him as some kind of detached freak who:
    a) doesn't value life and other persons a bit...he has his puppets after all
    b) robs graves and kills to get the needed parts for them
    c) has a 'mad scientist' personality when it comes to building puppets

Well, that's what my inner eye shows me when I hear puppeteer!Naruto =/

Last edited: Jan 7, 2007
  5. fantasyfreak

fantasyfreak Fifth Year

I have to agree with li.u about how he gets his inspiration to use puppets. I just don't think that the inspiration to get strong to beat Sasuke would lead him on a road to be a puppet master. It seams to me that mastering puppets is some what of a pain staking art considering Naruto will have to learn how to make puppets, maintain them, learn the million and one potential uses for them, and how to effectively fight with puppets. If he wants to beat Sasuke he could take a easier path such as ninjutsu or taijutsu. But if he sees how much use a puppet could be to his quest to raise all holy hell in kohana with pranks then he would gain a natural devotion to puppets.

6. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I've always had this challenge. Instead of Kyuubi being sealed into his stomach, what if the Kyuubi was sealed into Naruto's mind? This could give Naruto a complete differen't personality set if one wanted to go AU.

7. Rhynim

Rhynim Guest

I believe i have seen this done some were on ficwad or ff, as far as i know though it has not been updated for a while so i will see if i can find it again.

8. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

This challenge starts off with Naruto in the hospital after his confrontation. The cage of the Kyuubi no Youko has been damaged slightly... giving the Kyuubi more control and giving him the chance to leak his essence into the chakra circulatory more frequently. From this, (I plan on making up some sort of excuse) he says no to returning Sasuke... which in some shape or form... gives him more leverage to train while not worrying about Sasuke. A twist from the usual Naruto-becomes-a-hanyou-and-takes-over-Kyuubi.

9. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

Well, any specifications of what he needs to learn or who needs to be his teacher? Or he's gonna train himself day and night like all those cliché stories?

10. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Hmm. I've always wondered about the odd technologies that exist, and don't exist, in the Naruto universe. Some of the inconsistancies always struck me as peculiar. I would love to see a plot bunny fleshed out where an exiled, or perhaps runaway Naruto, ends up finding a bunch of extremely advanced technology, and thanks to the Kyuubi telling him "Don't touch that you shit-for-brains brat!", helps Naruto to figure out how to work some of the various machines and devices.

Technocrat!Conqueror!Naruto kinda deal. Ok, I admit it, I just want to see a bunch of the various ninja villages bombed with missles, ninjas cut down due to gunfire, and general mayhem and destruction against a world and society that has scorned the kid.