1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Eh fine, we can change the order and lynch Vira before Fonti.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Look at tsaiah's response pertaining to me.

Stanari's question is if me being agendaless makes me a villager.

Tsaiah's response was that I feel more like WH than RWBY. On the surface not a bad reply by any means however there are things you need to keep in mind here.

Tsaiah was in neither of those games in fact I've never even played with tsaiah before. Even still there's nothing wrong here until you think about what we've been assuming tsaiah was been doing all game. You see we've been assuming tsaiah has been in permanent catch up hell all game because she's been very busy and can barely keep up. Are we then to assume that despite not being able to keep up with this game tsaiah is going out of her way to read other games and meta diving people? That seems unlikely to me and instead it seems likely she saw the two most common games she saw coming up pertaining to me and regurgitated that information to fake an answer.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Tsaiah has read at least part of RWBY and WH (pretty sure she was live reading the latter, not sure on the former).
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not sure how to feel about the fact that Fable is looking for gotchas here.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't think this is hugely alignment indicative, I've seen both Town & Scum Miner take the route of trying to push conflicts and 'harmful environments' away from the game, I've also seen him be part of it on occasion. I'd not really recommend not reading too much into that and instead look at the rest of his posts (We can have a discussion about him later after I've gone through his ISO if you like?). Would like you to chime in on my reads/posts thus far since I think we've both had the advantage of being able to jump into the game while looking at it from a pretty objective PoV as a spectator first.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I can maybe believe she was following WH a little but when would she have had time to read RWBY?

6. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Yeah we can talk about Miner whenever.

I read like 1 page of the game as an outside observer and mostly just went off the wagons people were quoting when I subbed in but I'll read your post fully and respond.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I read it and acknowledged it.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah no idea where your name went, lots of the names outside of the first 5 town reads and the 3 scum reads moved around a lot though which should be sorted by spending some time reading through those players. I've gone into my Vira scum read above which I think you've seen now, would like you to comment on it a little if you can. I'll go into the Fonti scum read later if it's something I"m still feeling, it was slightly based around EOD2 re; her Koalas v SR stance and a few of her other reads though so a reread of her is probably due for me.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

OK, I agree with your points wrt Vira's EOD behavior. I think that her posts come more from scum trying to get town lynched rather than town trying to self-pres.

I'm not as sure about the points you make with the whole "she doesn't really take a stance kind of thing." As well as the whole "she's pushing people who've flipped town!" From my experience (well, most vivid experience at least), in WH8, she bussed pretty much her entire team (? I think, check me on this), and was widely townread for it. Here, she's kind of just floaty and not really there, which is concerning but not necessarily scum-indicative? Like I just feel like scum!Vira would try harder?

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Actually I went and checked and she was livereading the F4.

11. fontisian

Oy, I've gotten one kill. That's not the bargain.

12. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Checked what?

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Miner - Vira was most comfortable in WH when she was bussing partners, when she no longer had partners to buss she sort of fell into this "not really doing a lot, being around a bit but mostly doing useless things", in that game she bussed because of the situation the scum were in. If she or the scum team here felt that bussing wasn't a good idea and they had a few ML's lined up (Which...well they did since GH, Koalas, SR and Proph all flipped town) then wouldn't it make sense for her not to buss at scum and end up with play like this? Where she's not really doing much other than waiting for those mslynches to go through. Like if I'm looking at her play and seeing is Vira here trying to work out anyones alignment, get anyone lynched, having real reads, there's absolutely zero of that.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Fonti was doing the whole "let's not no lynch" thing at both EOD's, which is probably NAI? Like I get that it looks bad with the flips, especially since it's v/v wagons, but I'm not actually sure if it would come from scum?

15. fontisian

Confirming this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (It's more pro town with v/v wagons.)

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My heart, my brain, my carefully compiled dossiers, does this matter to you?

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait, I actually didn't full read like, day eight or something of that WH where Vira actually got lynched, but do you think that her play there is reminiscient of her play here? Like, are you saying that in WH8's final Dayphase or whatever she was just... sitting around and waiting for someone else to be lynched?

18. fontisian

Reg, I like your Vira case and am looking forward to her response to it, but I find your Newcomb read bizarre and will have trouble assessing you until you explain it.

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    A little? Just trying to make sure everything fits.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait what? I thought that since it's v/v wagons scum would definitely want a lynch as opposed to a no lynch because that's what benefits them the most? Especially with even numbers from the extra kill N1. If it were w/v wagons they might actually want a no lynch because one of the wagons could be a wolf and if town chooses to lynch there that'd be bad?