1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Was typo. Meant 1387.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

"X Preceded by Y" means "Y happened before X". Is that not the order that stuff happened in?

#1139 wasn't included on its own because it didn't have a vote or a read. I included in the context of #1169 because it's relevant. #1139 asked people to switch votes (onto Miner), and therefore is relevant because it shows Rubi did seem to try to get people ON the Miner wagon before getting OFF it himself.
    #1169 would look a lot worse without #1139, so it wouldn't be fair to not include it.

3. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I did ask you at least once that phase to expand on the specifics of your miner townread? Not sure if it was in relation to that exact post tho. Also wish I had in any case.[/QUOTE]

4. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

DUDE

5. Delphine

Delphine First Year

(1) Someone needs to switch votes
    (2) Attempt to head off CFD off of miner onto Fluff
    (3) Switches from GH to miner

was the actual order of events, is what I mean. There's an extra layer of actually trying to lynch miner.

6. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

What are you actually doing? Are you really so content with game that you can just sit back and make pointless remarks like "derp Miner lockwolf amirite or amirite" and "derp Miner totally antispew amirite amirite"

^not actually Fable's words, but close enough and god damn do I wish he was actually looking into it instead of just needling the point

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Hi. o/
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean yes?

If you're content with someone doing nothing in lylo good for you I guess.

8. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Er, from miner to GH.

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Yes, with a vote on GH in between (1) and (2). The way I had it written is correct.
    The extra layer of actually trying to lynch Miner is exactly why I included #1139 and said "is preceded by", indicating that it came before #1169 and that he had seemed to actually want Miner lynched. Is this not apparent from my last post?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, then you're actually wrong on this. He voted GH, then realized there was a CFD going and said "let's not do the CFD".
    --- Post automerged ---
    The posts are merged, meaning he had already made the GH vote before "trying to head off the CFD"

10. Delphine

Delphine First Year

...?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, you're putting a greater valuation on the "let's not do the CFD" than him actually heading it off before it even started.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The earlier one matters more to me because he was still on miner at the time.

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I'm not content with anyone rn, but that's why I'm trying to figure it out. You being content enough in lylo to just make posts about how locked he is is just unnecessary fuel to my "Fable not Miner" world and is actually really annoying if you're town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait, did you just mean to call out him not posting when you said "antispew"?

12. Delphine

Delphine First Year

I'm out for a bit; gotta go meet the immigration officer to get my immigration card. Not entirely sure how long it'll take (hour and fifteen absolute max I think?)

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean that's what antispew would mean in this case? Between the recent silence and most of his posts today being more self-meta doesn't seem like he's trying to solve much and is actually trying to keep the information he puts out there to a minimum.

I mean I'm just throwing statements out there if you disagree with them feel free to share why you do.

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Oh ok that makes more sense. I got annoyed when I saw it because my brain linked it with your "lockscum" comment from earlier and thought you were just sitting around throwing out comments on how "locked" Miner was without actually trying to figure it out. Mybad.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think the earlier one is very important tbh. It read like a note rather than "trying to head off a Fluff CFD", and can see it coming from either alignment. He's said that the reason he was opposed to a CFD was because of a lack of time (despite him generally liking them), and because he's traumatized from nolynches that result from a lack of town consensus.
    I can buy him, as town, just noting that Fluff was being scummy (obviously "scumclaiming" is hyperbole and doubt he meant that as either alignment) and that the fear of a nolynch/ no time to develop wagons caused him to say that the "ship had sailed".
    I also buy him, as wolf, (whether or not Miner is his partner, but perhaps especially if he is) seeing Fluff's posts as easy mislynch bait and noting it as "scumclaiming", but reminding himself that the "ship had sailed" out of scum hesitance to lead a last minute wagon onto town (and potentially off his partner, which could come back to bite him). I say "whether or not Miner is his partner" because, if Miner is town, then there would be no point in Rubi going to the trouble of taking responsibility for leading a CFD onto town, when he already had two easy options.

How does that progression while being "still on Miner at the time" play into your read on him?
    Actually, if you don't mind, could you update your reads real quick? You've been doing a lot of partner analysis this phase, but I don't think you've outright said what your reads were.

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    One hour and a half left!

16. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Were you the one who came up with this thing about me soft-defending Miner or was that GH?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay. Looks like it was GH and you're just copying it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And there is some leading into your scumread on me today, which is better than I thought (was checking whether you were just trying to use the fact GH called me scum) but it's tied with another soft-defense of Miner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kind of. That statement more about wanting to get more information about the spew by challenging him on the spew and seeing how he responds (he didn't). I'm offering to at least consider other lynches, and letting him know where I stand.

Those were real reads on Jan, beru, fluff and fonti. I was liking Jan and beru, and willing to trust Jan on fluff for at least a little while. fonti was being productive and is someone I don't like to lynch d1.

Many of the read progressions you include here are just quotes without seeming to be relevant to your case. What's the point?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Someone filler me.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Filler! \o/

18. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Will come back to this because my brain's just kind of shortcircuiting for some reason.

19. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

You quoted the reaction: it made me think you were scum.

...As explained here.

IIRC at that point I was pretty focused on thinking you were scum and still felt pretty okay about Fable from the day before... so the primary goal was to figure out whether he had seen something in your play that I'd missed, that would make you town. And in the process of talking to him about that, get a better grasp on you both.

Is that what you thought? What did you like about my question?

Fair enough re: this being a hypocritical question, but in my defense I already know my own views of people, I just don't know his or why he thinks what he thinks. (Still true, to a large extent.)

I'll... just agree with you that this was town?

I'd pressured Miner on several things in my previous few posts, a couple of which you didn't include in this wallpost, and just didn't like his reaction.

I do the "we should lynch X" thing all the time, as both alignments, so.

Accurate.
    I did think your reaction to my questions around that time felt okay, sort of genuine, and you pointed out some parts of your progressions that I'd missed.

It didn't clear you, but made me think you were not the best lynch at that point.

I also note that you've skipped over some of my posts talking about people in this. Not sure what that's about.

20. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Thirty minutes left!